The Official Random Video Thread!

The cop was the one who 'got in his face.' The kid didn't say anything until the cop instigated. But, the kid was acting the fool - but acting like a fool usually isn't illegal.

When was the last time you were in the states Jay? It really seems that a police state is the norm. I was recently at a local, keep in mind peace loving hippies and children dancing, gathering and there was one cop for every ten people. Really disgusting. The Southy Saint Patricks Day parade was even worse. I am ok with the people watching ut for the people.

I think he said to start things off, "You've got to be kidding". i'd be thinking WTF is this guy? I might have missed it, but I don't see where the cop is instigating. Obviously their job requires a degree of caution.

Been years, Bud.

Believe me, I'm not an authority lover by any means. That is screwed if police presence is so everywhere now. I can see how it could make for certain attitudes. I was looking at the vid as an isolated situation. If they were pulling over all kinds of people as part of "their investigation", I would see it differently.

The cops handled it like pros, the kid was a little out of line only because he shouted a few profanities, it all seemed to work out in the end.

The kid was totally a punk and they handled it very well. I personally would have bitch slapped him. I am not a "down with Johnny Law" type, but it is getting a little crazy recently. Our July 4th parade had at least 200 boys in blue in five miles. Give me a break, its children and parents, floats and candy, balloons and whizzers. I might feel differently if in LA or NYC.

I get the impression that the good cops deal with people being confrontational, by often saying to themselves, it is just another nut among an endless number of them out there in zoo land, what can you do? With a high tension job on a daily basis, it must require a certain degree of enlightenment to arrive at that point of not letting it bother you. Police see some bad things that must work on their emotions, I can imagine that sometimes they must be ready to explode. Going home to your family after seeing another one wiped out in a car wreck can't be easy. A drink at a bar might be more fitting. Got to keep a handle on it, they call that being a professional. Tough job if you work hard at it with good intentions, I believe. Self respect must play into it too.

Agreed. Too many donut eaters too though.
Here in Ma, a detail officer pulls $90/hr with a four hr min. It drives me nuts to see two or three guys standing there on their cell phones essentially doing nothing. Some even sit in the car for the AC or heat. Most other states only require flag men. Obviously this wasn't the case here, but way too much patrol from my point of view.

I've had to deal with cops on a mixed basis after arresting that guy, and since they wanted me to represent the town along with nine other people, a go between so to speak between the police and the general populace, a two year thing. i took the position out of curiosity and a what the hell, since it was something that I would never volunteer to do, basically no previous interest. Little time required, four meetings annually, and it also pays very slightly. After associating with the heads of the police department's different divisions at what turned out to be a serious meeting, my general impression is much like you say, Bud. The police top dogs are the ones that have studied and passed certain examinations, plus their experiences in the field. I find them generally to be a serious lot, much interested in trying to improve the situation if possible. A pretty high caliber of people to deal with, and they seem appreciative to me, though more normally from their perspective more likely a pain in the ass? I don't know how it came down that they need to have such public positions? I wouldn't exactly say that what you see is what you get in all cases, but I do get a favorable impression. The cops on the street though, I find them to be quite lazy and uninspired, not so keen on their jobs. I can't exactly forget that the detective that promised to do the stakeout with me when I collared the guy, never friggen showed up, never called, nothing. He was tiptoeing the next time I saw him, so I let him off the hook. I don't know why it works this way, but am interested to see a little deeper into the issue, just out of my own curiosity.

True. In this case, besides the opening "you're interfering" part, they acted like the professionals they're supposed to be.

Most men would say YES.!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/5JJFBtHcBnM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Most females would say NO.!! It's not fair....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gxyySRgrYsU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Interesting dingo attachment ... turn the sound down, the music sucks:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZmfQpLssSlM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pUHhctC06HY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/S_ONutgLuV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If you have the time (22 min.), this is a nicely produced, entertaining vid:

*** TURN ON THE CAPTIONS *** (bottom right corner). The subtitles don't function on smartphones. The captions will work on tablets, but through the browser and not the Youtube application. However, we strongly recommend that you watch this movie on a big, wide computer screen, with the volume cranked up!
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QllWNEGBKic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That was good, Jack. Get your freak on too. :lol:

Might be a good thing if humans vacated the planet for awhile. Check out the Korean demilitarized zone, a no man's land that was once very wrecked.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ktGbrbZ7B1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g2sWK3Obmuo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

An interesting concept... kinda like Dexter.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/69882318?color=01AAEA" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe>

Q:
What does a tree climber do on his 70th birthday?

Multiple choice:
1. Climb a tree.
2. Climb a tree.
3. Climb a tree.
4. All of the above & party all night!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QmwDI-nyZKw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nicely done, Jack. You should have made a notch at where you climbed to, then try to reach it when you are eighty.

Back