The Official Deer Season 2010 Thread

I reckon these guys are doing right
<object width="450" height="370"><param name="movie" value="http://www.liveleak.com/e/bb2_1287592544"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.liveleak.com/e/bb2_1287592544" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" allowscriptaccess="always" width="450" height="370"></embed></object>

Close enough to get a front foot planted right on top of his head!!!!

I know a guy who raised Elk. You sure don't let 'em get that close, for the above stated reason.

That is too cool. One of my neighbors got a bull moose on Tuesday. Filled the back of his truck and then some.

Sorry, but the 'hunter' in that video looks like a department store mannequin. I've never seen anyone with a skin tone that color unless they were on their death bed. They show the 'person' in the edge of the screen for the first 10 seconds of the video and even bump it once to make you think the 'person' was moving. I'm going to say the camera was remote controlled and there was no human within a quarter mile of that animal when the video was recorded.

Sorry, but the 'hunter' in that video looks like a department store mannequin. I've never seen anyone with a skin tone that color unless they were on their death bed.

Just come to Scandinavia in winter.
Then we all look like that.

At the end of the video, tell me why the 'thumb' isn't actually gripping the bow. Do you hold a bow with your thumb locked straight out like that?

At the end of the video, tell me why the 'thumb' isn't actually gripping the bow. Do you hold a bow with your thumb locked straight out like that?

Yes.

Butch, some serious scent control and being still works wonders. I can't count how many elk friends have taken under ten yards

Bummer.

Still cool, and ballsy to get a shot on a cat with a bow. As you know, it could close that 30 yard distance in a blink of an eye. Did you have a buddy providing over watch with a scoped rifle?

I assume you had a sidearm. Is there an archery only season fore mtn lions on Oregon (assuming that's where you were?)

Some years ago someone posted a picture of a mountain lion looking very angry with dogs around him. Possibly just before it was shot. A powerful photo if anyone still has it.