The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 291K
Thunder six and a half months. In training for guarding tree equipment.8)

Attachments

• thund.JPG
    thund.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 83
He's a handsome beast. I don't have the knees for labs. Newfs are more my speed, although trying to step over 160lb, speed-bumps while recovering from knee surgery is a challenge.

Just shy of seven months 105pds at this mornings weigh in.

Attachments

• IMG_7303.JPG
    IMG_7303.JPG
    185.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7301.JPG
    IMG_7301.JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 59
One big black piece of security right there. When a 100pd pup starts to get excited and run circles look out! :O

I thought my dog was gonna die on Sunday.....very shallow breathing, really slow pulse. He could not stand and pissed all over, totally out of it, I prepared myself for the worst....he's 15.

this morning when I started cooking brats for b-fast he mustered up the energy to come in and get some.........tonight he seems fine. WTF? maybe a mini stroke? the writing is on the wall probably.

Nice dog Squish.....do you chain him to the mini for security reasons:D

Dang Bivy, hope the oldtimer's ok. What kind of dog? 15 is quite old for most dogs.

No chains for Thundy, ever. He's got freerange here, 3/4 acre fully fenced. He's so damn friendly it's ridiculous, but good. He is starting to bark and I expect that that alone will be enough of a deterrent once he's full grown.

appalachian hybrid...aka mutt. Cheetah could climb a 6' fence in his day.....now he just smell pork a mile away. His nose is the only thing that is not failing:lol:

A friend had a very private operation going on in his garage. He usually kept his Rottweiler chained up, but was on free roam when I went into the property one day, unknowingly. Walking towards the house, that dogey confronted me and wouldn't let me budge forward or backward for ten minutes, until someone finally came out to see what was up. I like dogs, but that fella scared the living sh@t outta me! That dog wasn't named "jaws" for nothing. I prefer friendly dogs!

How did he keep you at bay?

If I moved in any direction, he would take a step towards me...all the while barking aggressively and showing his big teeth. I have a hard time warming up to Dobermans and Rottweilers, haven't been around any friendly ones yet. His owner got all pissed too, telling me that he tells people to always call before coming over. I forgot....think he was close to harvesting mushrooms, was kind of on edge. Usually a good guy though, and he used to laugh at me later about how paranoid I looked from his dog :O

I got stopped by a dog like that once, I was about 75 feet from my truck and it took several minutes before I could slowly back up and get in the truck. That's one of the reasons why I want to get a CCW permit.

Rottweilers are like oversized pit bulls. I guess that pepper spray would work on big dogs, the kind meant afor protection against bears ;)

Back