The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 289K
Sorry to hear about your lost dog - mine used to be gone for a few days at a time. Always got lucky though.

By the way, are those .410 revolvers?

Sorry to hear about your lost dog - mine used to be gone for a few days at a time. Always got lucky though.

By the way, are those .410 revolvers?

Yes D-Max Sidewinders,precursors to Magnum Reasearch BFR's.The fella that invented them sold the patent to M.R. The 2 you see are 2 of about 300 originals.

New avatar!

Here's another although I really like the "free cat"
We had a garage sale in California and I tried to get rid of it.:lol:

gunstractorsbunkhouse012.jpg

Hey man, is your dog chipped? I know you said you're rural, and everyone knows you, but I had mine chipped when he was a pup.

And fwiw, a buddy of mine's dog went missing for almost a month. Turns out the dog freaked out in a thunder storm, ran off, fell down a cliff, was OK, and was stuck on a tidal beach for almost a month! Some neighbors saw her on the beach and took a boat down to get her. That's extreme, but there' always hope man.

And here's Pride keeping an eye on the GPS for me. He's quite the navigator. He's so good, he doesn't even need to look at the Lowrance! :lol:

He loves going fishing.

Attachments

• P9260013.JPG
    P9260013.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 71
  • P9260015.JPG
    P9260015.JPG
    121.8 KB · Views: 71
  • P9260008.JPG
    P9260008.JPG
    163.1 KB · Views: 71
Nah, he even helps me release them.

Attachments

• P7190030.JPG
    P7190030.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 12
One of the nieghbors called this morning about 7:00,asked if Casey was missing.Said he was in the ditch 1/2 mile south of me,alive!
He's in rough shape,fractured pelvis and possible spinal injury as well as some road rash on his front left leg,very thin,dehydrated and hungry.
Vet say's 6-8 weeks caged rest is all they can do.Needs help to get outside and do his business.
I'm relieved but none to happy.

Picture013.jpg

Sorry to hear, I hope there's no spinal injury.
How old is he?

Take care of him- dogs never forget kindness

A pic of Bonnie, she was 14 in aug.

Attachments

• 2008_0119jandogsleo0015 (Large).JPG
    2008_0119jandogsleo0015 (Large).JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 21
Wow, I'm glad he's home! The rash will heal, as will the pelvis. Why does the vet think there may be spinal damage? Does he respond to stimulae on his feet and tail? I'm guessing he can't walk, or walk well, otherwise, he'd have eaten and not been in a ditch...hell, he'd have come home.

I'm glad your buddy is home. I hope all the best for his back.

fishhuntcutwood;265998 Why does the vet think there may be spinal damage? Does he respond to stimulae on his feet and tail? I'm guessing he can't walk said:
That's the Shytz about hurt dogs in order to find out whats wrong or hurts you have to hurt them more.He perked right up to a pinch on the thigh but his toes took a good squeeze from the hemostats before he responded.He can get up on his fronts and maybe move 5 feet but carry no weight on one leg.I kinda wonder about a popped tendon as well.He did'nt have the best hips in the world as it was.He's gonna be sorry mid October when the Wi. boys show up for Pheasant Phest and he's relegated to spectator status from the Ranger.(I really need a spell checker)
He was born 6-7-07
Been a rough year for the family dogs Dad lost his Springer pup this summer as well to a car going across the dam.
Again nobody fessed up or said anything but all fishing activity came to a halt right after that.
We own a 14 acre lake on property surrounded by about 300 acres of 8' tall switch grass a river borders the whole east side about a mile long.

:thumbup:
Sending some positive mojo for your pup, ST. Burnham says that cottage cheese can help. ;)

:)I appreciate that,Did Burnham happen to mention any application techniques or am I left to my own imaginationwith Re. to the cottage cheese ?

No, Burnham's dog was sick a few months ago and lost a bunch of weight. The cottage cheese was added to his diet to help him put some weight back on, and he really liked it as well. Especially when it was served on top of a steak. 8)

Lol, Thunder weighed in at 73 pounds yesterday, just one day after turning five months. Gonna have to update the avatar soon.:D

That's huge, Skwishey! :O Yeah, new pics would be great. But I like the avatar. :)

Hey ST, how's Casey doing? Is he walking yet?

He doesn't take the best pictures yet but he's still growing! five and a half months 84pds this morning.

Attachments

• IMG_7152.JPG
    IMG_7152.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 76
Lol, Thunder weighed in at 73 pounds yesterday, just one day after turning five months. Gonna have to update the avatar soon.:D

My female lab (Brian and Brendon have met, and Greg got to know really well:lol:) weighed 75lbs @ 6 months. She's now 6-7 and around 100lbs. She's going to the vet this week for her annuals, and I'll post her current weight. Back when dad used to feed her, she got up to 107 or somesuch, but those days are over.

Back