The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 285K
We were having breakfast in the greenhouse.
Thais dog was laying outside the door.
He is not allowed in, his tail tends to knock stuff over and he gets himself impaled om all the cactae, the mail order bride grows.
The littlest of the hare babies that live here came hoppety hoppetying along, munching a little grass on the way.
it is about 8" tall, ears erect.
At one point it looked sideways and realized it was less than 2 feet from A GODDAMNED WOLF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That thing tore out of there so fast, it could have won a drag race against a road runner.
Thais didn't even lift his head.
We were laughing ourselves sick.

I didn't pick up you'd gotten Dash. Great. How long have you had him? How old-ish is he? More of a pup or a small breed?

copypasta from another forum. Thought it relevant...

For anyone one with pets, a major FYI:

Seresto flea collar should be recalled after 2,500 pet deaths, lawmakers say - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/seresto-collar-deaths-symptoms-collar-should-be-recalled-fleas-ticks-report-says/
The popular Seresto flea-and-tick collar should be recalled following research showing the roughly $70 device poses risks to pets and their owners, according to a new congressional report. The findings link the collar to almost 100,000 incidents and 2,500 pet deaths.
I just ordered two of these collars for my dogs earlier in the week, with them being scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

I'm going to just return them just to be safe, as the incident risk is much higher compared to other available collars. Apparently the product is not allowed to be sold in Canada due to safety concerns:

https://oversight.house.gov/sites/democrats.oversight.house.gov/files/2022.06.15 ECP Seresto Staff Report FINAL.pdf
in 2016, Canada’s Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) concluded—based on a review of U.S. incidents and toxicology studies—that the collar posed too great a risk to pets and their owners to be sold in Canada. PMRA expressed great concern over the “number and severity” of U.S. animal incidents linked to the Seresto collar.

I appreciate you sharing that. We do that flea treatment that’s just a little tube of oil you apply along the back of the neck, along their back, and to the base of the tail. Haven’t seen a flea ever on these boys.

Strange, I know, but that reminds me; I got a flea collar story! I saw a Marine get some chemical burns on his legs from wearing flea collars there. He swore the insects that spread leishmaniasis were called “ sandfleas”, but they’re not. They’re called sandflies, and at the time, all US troops were given a chemical wash treatment for their uniforms that repelled those bugs for ages. He thought his idea was safer. Cleaned the sites, flushed the area a lot, though I doubt it helped, and the doc wrote a script for some topical stuff, probably a corticosteroid. Looked nasty, rings around his lower legs of bubbly blisters. A lot of leishmaniasis infections look worse though. Quite disfiguring.

Hope I didn’t stray too far from topic lol. The boys had them a little steel cage match today! Not really, but it reminded me of that, and I’d never seen them go inside the climbing dome before. Cooper won, like always. Max always starts it, and he always loses to his little brother.

173FED45-24DC-4130-AC22-9A65974E41C0.jpeg 562E6D85-960F-4302-9CA9-C7EC52A43AAF.jpeg 7366A05F-2A7E-4EB5-B5EA-6D6239ACB64E.jpeg

Last edited:
15 days & Dash is getting pretty comfy in his new home.
Had some issues with walks. Tried no leash & he sticks to me like glue...accidental correct answer, haha

DSCF1623.JPG

Left the room & returned...he's behaving well so far.

Dash trains.JPG

little dude loves the porch. On our way back from walks I can say "porch" and he's off like a rocket to the car seat. We usually spend a while setting there together each evening.

DSCF1627.JPG

Found from the Vet he's actually at least two yrs old...par for the course with the shelter saying he's younger. ha...they said he was housebroke too....we've about got that nipped in the bud now: just had to keep an eye on him and change around his eating time a bit.

Back