The New Offical Mutts of the House thread

• Thread starter Werks 4 da Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 292K
That there is a true sign of the times. Back in the day the only dogs you saw tied up were bad dogs🤔

Your not the first to notice that - a customer asked why I had tied my dog to the truck ? I said people get nervous about him barking at them when they approach the vehicle. He laughed and said if they were that close to the truck they should be nervous and need to be seen off. He had a valid point and he said that he had seen a few dogs turn nasty due to being tied up. He politely asked if he could get back to the house before I let him off. Even dogs don’t know how to behave in this new world of ours ☹ E498FD09-175D-487E-B1DA-34F00E3F586C.jpeg

Some people are irrationally afraid of dogs, and let's be honest and say that not all owners are good ones. A dog is often the only animal that people are commonly bit by, even i have multiple scars.

I have three old puncture wounds on my upper left arm from a dog, ten stitches. The dog was missing a upper canine lol. I was just petting the dog he was a prick. It was a stray my friends took in. I think they put the dog down but it was not at my parents request or mine.
Upbringing and raising a dog plays a huge part in their temperament later in life.

Of the 10 dogs I have had, only one has ever bitten anyone.
Old Sam tore the shit out of two burglars, which I find totally okay since I sicced him on them..

When I was motorcycling in Schweiz this summer, I got attacked by a German Shepherd.

Nice looking dog, stayed at the same camp ground as us.
So I asked the owner if I could say hello.
"Sure", she said and then I had the dog clamped on my arm.
I was wearing my motorcycle jacket, so no harm.
I wrestled the dog down and kindly explained to it, that it was a dumb thing to do, leaving it in total submission.

The German owner said " She hardly ever does that" :|:

Last edited:
I almost impaled a dog on a picket fence once. I regret not doing it. I was surveying a property, and a dog came over from next door, bit my partner and me. There was a decorative picket fence partition, and the dog jumped up against it and got in my face. My hands were coming up to grab it by the collar, and spike it on the fence top, but I backed down. The girl next door came over and got her dog, and we didn't get an apology or anything. If I could do it over, that dog would have been spiked.

Owners are frequently the problem, not the dog.

To tell people that the dog breed that was made for guarding and attacking does indeed bite strangers sometimes would a good start to the request to say hello.

People often let their dogs approach people without good reasons or permission. If people would rear back like they were getting ready to punt the dog in the face, the dog owner would probably get offended.

I love dogs. Never even came close to punting a dog being walked on a leash. Some owners are just bad owners.

Back