The Joke/Funny Pic/Video Thread

My not great understanding of it is diesels are worse for particulate pollution, but better as far as greenhouse gasses go. Haven't really read much about it though, so I may be wrong.

The urea injection thing is used on coal plants too, scrubbing the nox emissions. Since air is mostly nitrogen, using air as the source of combustion oxygen pumps nitrogen thru the engine, which makes nitrogen oxides. These are very bad environmentally, and the def fluid is used as a scrubbing liquid. Gad scrubbers are very important in industry for other stuff too, so the technologies are very well established and known. Making it compact enough to work on a truck or excavator was a learning curve and engineering challenge, and if you are around one they smell funny, but they are far less smoky and far quieter.

Mike Pillow has now branched out selling other items like bathrobes, dog beds, etc.

I tried some of the Mike Slippers:

They're made with a layer of Mike Pillow foam in the sole

Now my feet keep falling to sleep.

Last edited:
That's actually a pretty cool idea. Get one of those 3D printed saws that guy here makes, use a GI Joe or whatever, and run some usb or battery powered lights. You could tangle them around the climber and add a speech bubble saying "frig!!" :^D

Huh, I've learned a thing.
I always wondered what those AdBlue tanks were at the diesel truck bowsers. Well there ya go!

EDBKn1f.jpeg

Back