The History Channel; Ax Men

Its gettin to the point where all the cool jobs are gonna look ridiculous with a bunch of drama queens...

Honestly... it's why I have not watched one episode of Axe Men.

Gary

Once again that thing has been "dramatized " to the max .

If nothing else though it is very evident to me, a flat lander ,why the west coasters use long bars . I can't imagine cutting in such a jumbled up mess like that .Good grief what a goobered up mess that is .

Now the actual show and various reruns air several times a week if you missed them the first go around .

Meh, those drama queens can go to hell. I'll drop 'em myself.

Today. 130' Big thump! :D (God, I love big thumps!!!)

This one, and the other four acres I cleared today to clear up a view of Sequim Bay for some friends of mine. Mostly sh!t sticks, but a couple of nice trees in there.

Attachments

• DSC03661r.jpg
    DSC03661r.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 12
Yes ma'am. First aid, duct tape, fire extinguisher, scrench, stump vise, files, level, plumb bob. And off my left hip, wedges and Spencer tape.

Fire extinguisher?

Yeah it's more for summer cutting, but working in brush you can ignite the dry stuff. They sell them in Bailey's and at saw shops out here. It's why we make sure to have spark arrestors on our mufflers too.

Cool Jeff.

Any of the fire extinguisher's I've had to carry aren't the 'charged' type they're just a little squirt bottle full of chemical.

Those two yarder operator's need to wipe the dew off their lilly and get to logging.

Aside from 5-15 minutes following a concusion, or 3-6 hours following a bender, I've never been too sick to think clearly enough to throw levers while sitting on my ass. I've never called in sick to work, including when I broke my wrist.

Now the bitches on the rigging crew find problems with Bill instead of STFU and logging. Now they're going elk hunting, I'd fire the lot of them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't believe what they just did setting that choker.

I mean, yes I would do that if I only had to do that once in a year...

But geez!

is it just me or is that stump branch dude unsafe? throwing that choking cable seems to waste more time than it saves. Hed be better off w/ a big shot and having the guys pull the line downhill by hand.

I thought the same of those whiners wanting to elk hunt. why not go full time and Ill find someone that wants to work. After this show, i bet there will be guys beating down doors to work up there saying 'I can do better than those fools on tv'. they may get their chance.

too, why do the yarder ops not wear buckets?

The jammer logging proved to be quite effecient last time.

Most equipment operators don't have to wear a hard hat if they are under FOPS. Notice the feller buncher operator didn't wear one either. Normally if it makes it through the FOPS, you're fawked.

You're not required to wear a seatbelt unless you're under ROPS, for what it's worth.

I fell asleep after the kid threw the chain. I was like "Wha?......" How can any guy on a logging crew not know how to tighten a chain?

And I've thought the same thing about these guys-what a bunch of wusses. Yeah, they bust their asses in the bush, but those dudes are well enough to drive home, but not enough so to throw levers and hear the bells? They do alot of bitching, and Jesse Browning has a temper and tries to overcompensate for his shortcomings with anger. Something goes wrong and he throws his helmet and says he doesn't want to log anymore. Hell, I've got broken helos every day and you just deal with it and move on. Don't melt down and make a huge deal out of it.

Back