texas tree work

• Thread starter Treeslayer
  • Start date
  • Replies 106
  • Views 10K
T

Treeslayer

I'm flying out at noon, will on the ground near Houston working Wednesday. I will be looking to set up an operation that could use more guys.
have digital camera and laptop, will be posting asap.

dave
757 784 4574 cell

I thought the airport was still down ?
All the best, man. Be safe.

Is this the same Treeslayer from arboristsite a few years ago? I remember pictures from your storm chasing adventures in '04.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yep its me rocky how ya been?
in colombus ga, leaving for beaumont area now.
anybody there, or heading to texas, please call
or old friends, ring me up.
strength in numbers!

dave
757 784 4574 cell

It was good to talk to ya, Dave.....By the time you read this, Cowboy Dave may have already called you. If he's serious about driving down, I could send my Hobbs with him....and maybe the GRCS....but we'd have to be able to buy another one as I'd prolly be needing one here.....That decision could be made after you get there and size up the work situation.

Rog

I'd like to go down there in the muggy climate, I could use a break from our mild and dry weather here.

HA!:big-laugh::big-tongue5::big-rolling:

The Coconut Doctor took 8 down from Key Largo! I will find out today how their first day was. They took a motor home and are staying in a camp ground. No power as of yesterday.

Dave, I'll call and give you Mikes number, he's working it and should be already there. Good to read ya bro, stay safe. Robert

I have made 3800 in 2 days. Having an office morning and then back at it.

The new 460 magnum rawks! Just the climbing saw I have been missing.

Freakin' carnies and folks from all over are starting to show up. I'll likely skim more cream today and head out tonight. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

Now talk about a quirk of fate ,it just happened .

With all the damage from the hurricane a horde of tree people and lineman are heading for Texas and La .Wouldn't you know it several days after the fact the danged winds made it this far north .You guessed it ,trees down everywhere ,no power .Everybody is down south .

Locally lots of power out ,in Columbus ,Cincy and Dayton it's much worse .

Ain't that a beech,a thousand miles away and still get it .

I imagine by now that wind made it to the north pole and is heading back to where it started .

Everybody is down south .

I buzzied a telephone / cable drop at a customer's place on accident last Friday and SBC told us 3 days to repair it 'cause they're on skeleton crews... everybody went south. Customer was cool about it, but works from home & relies on the internet. Dammitman !

Freakin' carnies and folks from all over are starting to show up.

Yeah, I kind of frown upon "storm chasers." I think the locals should get all of the work. Why should I go down there and take some guy's work, you know? Unless I was invited or something...

However, this is a free country. We can do it legally. I just think we should leave the storm work for the local guys. --IMHO.

For example, i:what:f we get a good storm, I don't want any Texans up here taking my potential work.

All of the sudden everyone is a tree guy, right?

Back