Teens and Pot

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 66
  • Views 6K
No kid is gonna wait until they're 18 to drink or toke.

If you tell your teenager 'No you can't do that'. What do you think is going to happen? I hope to have a open and honest relationship with my daughter rather than forcing her into lying to me and doing her expirementing in secretive, potentially dangerous ways.

I hope that she will trust in me enough to come to me with questions when the time comes rather than seeking the answers from her peers.

All I wish for my daughter is happiness. Of course I also wish success and great things for her, but that has to come from within herself not from me.

My daughter was calling us "poopy stink butts," at the breakfast table. My wife told her that was not appropriate breakfast talk. I told her that when she is driving with me in the truck she can say any words she wants to and that that is the perfect place to test out new words. I don't want to teach my child to hide things I don't approve of from me. I want to be able to talk about things with her. Strict prohibition tells a kid you aren't the one to go to for advice.

:O He said poopy stink butt! :lol:

Darin= So what would you tell your kid if you had one?

Wow, thats a hard question one which I am not qualified to answer. But....I do have an opinion:

For me personally, I would attempt to get my child hooked on being smart, happy, engaged in life, and make sure that they have overcome a few life challenges.

But yes Darin, I agree with you that doing drugs and alcohol in front of them while they are growing up is not a good idea. FWIW, seeing as I am not a parent.

I waited till I was a freshman in college to experiment.......tried it all. Got hooked on climbing, still haven't kicked that habit though. Learning to talk to your kids is the best plan.....my parents did not. Luckily I survived the experimentation part. I hope my kids make good choices, I will share some of my experiences with them some I wont'. I agree with Frans for once...keep em' engaged and interested in being healthy and smart. In other words...start em' young. get them hooked on climbing.

I told her that when she is driving with me in the truck she can say any words she wants to and that that is the perfect place to test out new words.

cool idea poopy stink butt, might have to try that with our little fella.

We are pretty good about not swearing in front of the kid. She mimics me quite a bit so I try to be very mindful of what I say. Early on she was saying "sure" to every question and I wondered where that came from until my wife pointed out that I said that all the time. I switched to "of course." The kid did too. I switched to "certainly." The kid did too. Now I just try to mix it up as much as possible.

I stopped smoking pot when my boys got old enough where they were going to catch on to what was up. It wasn't only the example issue. I didn't like sneaking around them. One grew up to be a pot smoker and one didn't.

I think teaching kids discipline is important.

I intend to do so. For me personally, I like libations but balance that with healthy outlets like running, lifting, and hang gliding. That stuff doesn't leave much time for the libations but you can be sure I enjoy them when I get the chance.

Moderation folks, it is simple. Too much of anything including religion, is bad.

Back