Teens and Pot

• Thread starter Mr. Sir
  • Start date
  • Replies 66
  • Views 6K
Shoot I would argue that every experience we have drug/alcohol related or not changes us. It's who we are.8)

What I find interesting is from the beginning of man we've been altering ourself with drugs of all sorts. Alcohol, weed, peyote, mushrooms, toads, cocaine. Hell if man thinks he can alter his state off of it you can bet it's been tried.

So who's to argue that the pure unaltered mind is the right path to be on?

Thing is, you'll never know. Everyday I am meeting my daughter because who she is is constantly changing and evolving. I'd like to see who she will become without getting to heavily adultered by drugs alcohol and pop culture.

Thing is, you'll never know. Everyday I am meeting my daughter because who she is is constantly changing and evolving. I'd like to see who she will become without getting to heavily adultered by drugs alcohol and pop culture.

Well that I can definetly agree with. I certainly would never encourage anyone to smoke/drink. It's a personal choice that everyone has to make (whether to or not) and should be made by themselves and hopefully not peer pressure. In this day and age I beleive all we can do is try to raise our kids to be individuals and leaders with a strong sense of right and wrong and personal worth.

I don't ever wonder how 'differently' I may have turned out if I had chosen to abstain. I am who I am. I hope that when my daughter is older and surrounded by these choices that she will be a confident enough person to make the decisions for herself. And by knowing her and having raised her the best I can I will love her no matter what her choices in life may be. I certainly will never hold it over her as to what she 'could've been' had she made the decisions I wanted for her. She is already very much a individual and I am just a tool for her to learn from so she can make her own choices.

And pop culture is affecting all of us whether we want it to or recognize it or not. The key that I'm trying to figure out will be the right amount of innocence/shelter while still giving my daughter the skills/exposure to cope with these influences and pressures as they present themselves as they invariably will.

Somedays I feel like pulling the plug and moving up north and hiding myself and my family away from the world but I don't think that'd be fair to my wife or my daughter.

'Ol Monkey=If you do a lot of drugs and alcohol or maybe just a little, you may never find out who you were supposed to be.

Am I reading this correctly?

To paraphrase; A person MUST do drugs and alcohol in order to discover their true identity?

Well,say what you will but I've seen the biggest drunks and druggies that where little angels when they were younger. Once they got away from home they went bonkers with supposed new found freedom . Some of them realized the errors of their ways and some never did figure it out to this very day . They still have their heads planted directly in their butts .

That said,kids will be kids.We all were at one time ourselves ya know .

Here's the thing Butch, some people seem like they smoke pot, Sagan, Louis Armstrong, etc. Why do some people look or act like smokers? Why is that one smoker can tell another?

Am I reading this correctly?

To paraphrase; A person MUST do drugs and alcohol in order to discover their true identity?

I am saying that if you do a lot or in some people's case, just a little drugs and alcohol the path of your life will be forever changed. Maybe for the good maybe for the ill but you will never be the person you would have been without them.

I think I see what your saying,

Acheiving maximum acheivement potential.

She coulda been a Supreme Court Justice if she just didn't smoke so much dang marijuana.

When does the Head change change the Head?
Who's Heading it?

Well, they just raised the class of cannabis in the eyes of the law to class B after downgrading it around four years ago to class C.

The reason they are giving is because of the strength of Marijuana available now in this country, mainly Skunk in all it's varieties.

This upgrading goes against the governments own expert advisers.

I don't know, I miss the herb alot but I do feel better, but that's just me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Commercials

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y-Elr5K2Vuo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y-Elr5K2Vuo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhjwUR2SeAE&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jhjwUR2SeAE&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wixlfPnxJTo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wixlfPnxJTo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
One More

I remember when this first came out:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dC4KJ9Nd3EQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dC4KJ9Nd3EQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I am saying that if you do a lot or in some people's case, just a little drugs and alcohol the path of your life will be forever changed. Maybe for the good maybe for the ill but you will never be the person you would have been without them.

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Darin. I was genuinely puzzled at what you meant.

I for one don't regret my past, and I seriously doubt that I would be much different if I had lived a cloistered life.

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all your Tears wash out a Word of it.

Well,that just depends on how Puritanical one can be I suppose.

A person can get strung out on anything,not just pot and booze. What about the lard ass that eats eats himself into an early grave ,even though he knows better .People that consume 15 cans of Pepsi a day and wonder why they have rotten teeth and high sugar .

I mean who knows that 300 pound amazon woman could have been Miss America if she hadn't acquired a taste for 3 dozen doughnuts a day .;)

Not everybody that takes a little toke or pops a lid on a cold one occasionaly gets strung out on the stuff .Nor for that fact anybody that eats a doughnut now and again needs to go to the grain elevator to get weighed . Something about moderation I believe .

I make my surroundings suit ME, not the other way around. And I don't live in fear of "what if." That's a waste of time.

I am not asking anyone to regret their past. I am thinking about kids moving forward not adults looking back. Although I bet most folks would be better off living a life of moderation.

Darin, what about the fact that our bodies (and brains) are incredible self healers?
Every 5 years each cell in our bodies re-generates. It is our neural pathways which become set. But that can change as well.

I am not sure I agree with you that we can never regain that 'virgin' state of being which we experience as a child.

i thought the FBI was fully aware of the impending attack and ignored it.

Wrong thread Frans.

Butch would you admit pot smoking has adversely effected you life if it had? I think you would be unlikely to admit as much. Think of the extra layers of deceit and concealment a person has to adapt. Think of the folks you have to meet to get pot? I am sure some are great but lots are dodgy at best.

As far as me "falling for the hype," I smoked pot and drank alcohol myself during my college years. I would never tell my kid, "Just Say No." Drugs and alcohol have different effects on different people. How is any one person to know ahead of time what affect they will have on them? I think the risk outweighs the rewards.

Back