TCIA Expo..

nice to meet treewisemen and others this morning. It's a high time here.

Had a nice time. Although I am a shy folk. Met Dave (DTW), Frans, Dave N. (Tntree), Matt from TB, Brandon something or other, Jerry B., Mark C., and a few others. Sweet equipment to drewl over too.

300 large.

Can reach 67' and take a 3klb piece (pretty sure you've gotta deduct 1800lbs for the weight of the head though).

It's surely not for residential operations, but I think it has a place.

300 large.

Can reach 67' and take a 3klb piece (pretty sure you've gotta deduct 1800lbs for the weight of the head though).

It's surely not for residential operations, but I think it has a place.

Not that impressive for that kind of money.

I am going to have to go and meet folks at one of these tree expo thingies someday.

Next year its in Greggy Goods backyard - Milwaukee.
Good times in Hartford, My booth kept me so busy barily got to talk to everyone Carl, GG, Frans, JerB & Teri, DTW Dave, Brendon, Berkelhiemer, and more my old mind can't remember - tied one on with the treewiseman at black eyed sallys Fri, Beer Bongs with the TLC Arizona Boys and sis, lucky I didn't get a DUI on my segway Thurs eve.

Everybody should go at least once plan it now and squirrel some write-off bucks away for Milwaukee next year.

Hartford Bathroom graffitti wisdom:
"Love like you've never been hurt, Work like you don't need the money, and Dance like nobody's looking"

9pm cruzin 70 on 80 west 600 miles to home - 4days of trukin my widgets sucks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang, obviously I walked right past a bunch of you and never knew it... I remember the Seqway anyhow. Gotta come up with some kind of secret code or handshake or something for next year.

The show was good, EHAP was good, most of the seminars were good, the demos were good... now I know what a Jarraf looks like and how Rich's Anchor Bridge system works. Met some cool folks, drank more beer in 4 days than I usually drink in a month... Gerry gave me a poster and I got to thank him for writing FGTW.

I was too sleepy to heckle Treelooker but it's the thought that counts, right? The Heartwood boys were fun to hang out with... OD'd on Sushi though.

It was fun and I learned a lot more than I can remember.

Well back from TCIA.
Horrible plane trip(s). Not one itinerary was honored. They finally gave me free hotel rooms, meal tickets, and vouchers for discounted plane trips for next time.
Jeez, you would think they could manage the whole flying/booking thing by now :X

Once again, meeting everyone was a blast, no one from the TreeHouse kicked my ass so that is a good thing 8).
I gotta say that everyone I met from the TreeHouse all seem like quality folks. Thanks for saying hello to me.

Most of my pictures are crap, but here is a couple:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Had a blast, cool to put those faces to names.....I still feel hungover. Dave, loved the Segway....Frans, you need to smile a bit more,:P .....'nice guy dammit'!! And an honour to shake Mr. Beranek's hand.

Yeah, putting faces to names. Was easy with Carl. The rest? Brenov, Blinky, ttwm, who am I leaving out....... Well, should have it down in Milwaukee next year. A lot of people I talked to said it would be an easier trip for them.

That retreever was something else. Carl said it right, Not too practical in the long run.

On the way back I caught a rancid sore throat while on the plane. It made the trip long and miserable for me, and for Terri too. We're both hackiing and snorting. yuck.

Tons of email and phone calls to sort through. Will get back shortly.

"I was too sleepy to heckle Treelooker but it's the thought that counts, right?"

Well amigo, thanks for thinking of that, but from the back of a jampacked room it's hard for a heckle to stick. It's the guys up front who got their jabs in--and got them returned! Nice to meet treewisemen and the rest, however briefly. Gerry always had a crowd around so I did not get to meet him; maybe next time.

Now to unwind and sort out all these cards and contacts. Expo is a blast; hope you all make it next year.

Here is a picture of Horace Wells, the discoverer of anesthesia, spotted while on a walk in the park at Hartford (give that boy a cookie!)
And one of an old chainsaw at my friend Paul's booth at Arbor Wear.

Wasn't able to get to this years Expo but WILL be at the '08 Expo!!!:thumbup:

Well finally made it home. We had a great time met some new faces, and got to chat with some old acquaintances.
Now I've got a lot of catching up to do....:O

These web sites are kind of like an ongoing TCIA. Pictures (o.k. not alot), talks about the latest gear, hot gossip, and the comradeship of friends. All without the plane fares and nasty convention food.

Hell yeah! :drink:

But there coulda been a few more pics!

I take that personally as I just blew off carrying my camara through the expo hall.
Sorry Butch, next time I will stuff so many pix into the TreeHouse that you will feel you were there, I promise.

Back