TCIA Expo 2013

SAM_0962.jpg
SAM_0963.jpg

Complete side of one aisle had old equipment on display.
Enjoyed meeting Don Blair again, who explained the evolution of the Hobbs lowering device.

SAM_0961.jpg
SAM_0959.jpg
Was an awesome show; I enjoyed this Expo probably more than any of the other 8 or 9 that I've been to, and a lot of that came from meeting folks like the Beraneks (3 autographed copies of "Coast Redwoods" - thanks Jerry!, Bonner (who persuaded me I need a Haas), Bixler, Paul Cox (a spare HH), etc.

That is really cool to have the displays of the old gear, shows that there is a tradition for the work, not just a bunch of "school leavers" out there making a lot of noise . Love the old truck.

When you quote my post, you will see the url tags. Just study how I did that, I don't know what more I can say.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/vFSm6x2fIZI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

TCI Charlotte was a damn good show. Terri and I didn't make near enough sales to offset the costs of going there, but we did have chance to meet a few vendors to make it worth the while in the long run. Yet to be seen, of course.

It was great to meet the Bonner man in person, as well so many of his associates. The Bix man rings true. Luke Dunlevy of Tree Stuff was so very busy. I don't know for sure what he was selling there but it drew a hell of a crowd. He was just down the way from our booth. Paul Cox and David Driver was the next busiest booth on isle 1900. Being right next to them helped us out a lot. If Paul would've had a hundred radio headsets there he would have sold them all. In regards to this some BS came to reveal its ugly face before the show ended. As someone at the show contacted the distributor of the headsets and stole Paul's order for more. Total BS! Paul's the man for promoting the product at the show and should get the recognition and sales for promoting it. It is not just the way it is. Whoever it was should come to light so everyone knows who they are and not do any business with them. I am very disappointed about this.

The traveling to and from these shows can wear on a person, but all the people we chance to meet and the goings on truly offset all the wear and tear. Terri and I are glad being home now. Next year we will do it again in Hartford, and we hope to see everyone again.

Bless all. Thank you, Bob Underwood! Always a pleasure to meet you!

My son in law got to meet Jerry and Terry today!! I hope he did not buy the book, cause he is getting one for Christmas.

He was a pleasure to meet, V. A very nice young man. And maybe you should plan on something else for his Christmas gift!

I don't recall seeing one, Butch, but the Treehouse came up in alot of conversations. I would have been glad to put on my Treehouse tee but I was sporting my "Beranek Publications" tee.

That tornado blew my connecting flight to Chicago last night. So I stayed the night in Bonnerville and we had a splicing party. Caught a plane to Washington DC for a long time, now I'm in S.F taking off to Sac right now, hop - skip - jump. Get me back into a Tree!

Paul, your main man Novak is one straight shooter, good team work at the show, you guys killed it!