Stihl MS361 with 25" Rollomatic ES, Muffler Modded

cmon now squishy, the teeth get smaller as you go and then you lose a few? cant cut as well as a full chain;)

No problemo. Until you start losing cutter width why shouldn't it cut as well as new? If it's sharpened properly and your rakers are the correct height why would you think it's not going to cut as well?

Now once you're down so far that the teeth are breaking off of course you're gonna lose some performance but by that time you're probably starting to lose some cutter width too.

Lol used and abused. I should get a pic of the chain that's on it right now, it's only missing a few teeth so far. Filed right back so the teeth are no longer full width. I'm a cheapskate when it comes to chains.

Eh? My down to the end chains cut just as well as the new ones I put on? I don't throw away a chain until it's used up.

cmon now squishy, the teeth get smaller as you go and then you lose a few? cant cut as well as a full chain;)

Yeah, Squish...cut as well as a new chain, my behind!

No problemo. Until you start losing cutter width why shouldn't it cut as well as new? If it's sharpened properly and your rakers are the correct height why would you think it's not going to cut as well?

Now once you're down so far that the teeth are breaking off of course you're gonna lose some performance but by that time you're probably starting to lose some cutter width too.

Make up yer mind, Squish...:lol:

Lol, maybe I'll take your chains if you ship 'em for free.:D

Ok the chain that's losing cutting edge would not be as fast, but they're not run like that for long because I find teeth start breaking off.

BUT!!!

Right down to just before that point I have no problem keeping a chain sharp like a razor. Atleast as good as new, better if it's not Stihl chain.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.:P

:lol:

You all could refer to me as 'hand filer extraordinaire' from now on if you like. Instead of 'the calm one'.Lmao!

Not what I meant. Stihl imo is alot sharper from the factory then Oregon. Those are the only two brands of chain I run.

I dont even buy Oregon chain anymore unless I have no choice at the time... But I usually have bought a years worth of chain by feb or march. So I rarely put myself in a no choice scenario.

I got a sh@tload of good chain recently for free, from the tool rental place in town. They replace the chain every time their saws get loaned out. Hard to believe I thought.... The good thing is that it's all 3/8" not safety chain, the bad thing is that most of it is .058" or .063" gauge.

Back