Stihl 362

pete mctree

Treehouser
Opinions please. Will have to be run as standard & used by the entire crew (all 9 of us)

I am considering it to replace the ageing 357xp's & 341's

Thanks in advance

It is the one stihl i know nothing about.
It doesn't fit any niche in the work I do.
I have all the other pro saws, but 60 cc is a weird size for me.

I have 2 of them. Love em. I never used to grab my 361 but I find myself grabbing these more often. Air filter is much improved. I can run the saw for days without hardly any accumulation on the filter. I have one with a 72 and the other runs a 66. Two thumbs up from me.

You run a 362 with a 72" bar!!!!

Do you use skip-skip-skip tooth chain?;)

Chris, what are you comparing it to?

And all three are made by a producer of vacuum cleaners!

Decent Saw.

The Throttle linkage was a bit stiff when it was new,I took it apart the trigger and grip safety needed a little bit trimmed off them to stop them binding.It seems as though it has increased in performance since it was new,could be just me but I heard the same on Arbtalk as well.

And all three are made by a producer of vacuum cleaners!
341 is a stihl. And who cares if electrolux make vacuum cleaners? Does stihl make anything thats as remotely cool as this?-

Husqvarna-Nuda-900R.jpg

husqvarna-nuda-900r-streetbike-6.jpg

Hmmm...ms341 isn't even listed on the Stihl USA website. Found a pdf of the 361 and 341 owner's manual...looks like identical bore and stroke.

Don't think I ever heard of it. What's the differences, Ed?

mainly its slightly detuned - I liked its torquey nature. Big thing is its a whole lot cheaper, for virtually the same saw.

You run a 362 with a 72" bar!!!!

Do you use skip-skip-skip tooth chain?;)

Chris, what are you comparing it to?

Im comparing it to old school saws. I cant stand the space shuttle like feel they have. I dont like how they cut, I dont like how the sound, I dont like how they feel in my hands. I do like the 361 though. That was about the last of new age saws that I enjoyed. In fact, I like them a lot. I keep forgetting to buy one.

I have two 361's, they're a decent saw. The one is modded and it rips with authority, the go to saw for any larger aerial work, although depending I'll pass it over for the modded 460 although it is slightly heavier.

I'd be interested to hear more feedback on the 362 from those who've run them.

Im comparing it to old school saws. I cant stand the space shuttle like feel they have. I dont like how they cut, I dont like how the sound, I dont like how they feel in my hands. I do like the 361 though. That was about the last of new age saws that I enjoyed. In fact, I like them a lot. I keep forgetting to buy one.

I aree with this 100%. I know the new Stihl saws are smoother, quieter, stay cleaner longer, and are probably more fuel efficient. But! They still suck in power to weight ratio for every model they're replacing as far as I understand it.

At least pro model saws have some degree of integrity to them. I look at a couple of Husky models in the home center store and they really look and feel like a pos.

Back