SRT Setups

Thats right, my mistake. Made by Buckingham. Like alot of stuff they make, built real rugged.
To much for my style of climbing. I got one laying around somewheres..

I'm kinda suprised no one mentioned climbing DRT off of the ascender?!?! Instead of a teather I put a biner with pulley in the top hole of the ascender and run my DRT set up through that. If I have to bail I unhook the pantin and croll, spike the line, and bail....

I've been dorking around with the stuff in the backyard a few times.

I can see it great for long ascents.
I can't seem to get the double stirrup strap set to work smoothly,
I find I do a one arm pullup, I know that's not efficent.

How does this setup look?
It's just a slipknot.

Attachments

• house srt 008_768x1024.jpg
    house srt 008_768x1024.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 27
I saw it once at an aerial rescue TCC in Santa Rosa.

I admit it seems sketchy.
I'd almost think a prusik to a micropulley or Alpine butterfly girthed to a carabeaner and a micropulley.

In Deva's picture of the SRT setup, can you put a distel or VT ABOVE the ascender to make it safe to work off of?

jp:D

In Deva's picture of the SRT setup, can you put a distel or VT ABOVE the ascender to make it safe to work off of?

jp:D

long as you open the cam before starting work. A fall on a cam can tear the sheath something fierce......or just use the WEAPON

Is this what you're talking about
with a prussik?

You could change the prussik for a VT or whatever also?

Attachments

• 001_768x1024.jpg
    001_768x1024.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 8
much better..........cept' the splice on the end of your rope

That's just so I know right where my core is.
Besidies that's my rec. saddle.

Work saddle has a spliced Hi-vee safety blue.

wink emoticon.

Instead of locking the ascender into the open position, I put a full load on the upper cam (you can use a prussik as well), then I allow the ascender to close.
The idea being that the full load is on the upper part of the set up. so if the upper should slip, then the lower will 'kick in'.

In the comps they're saying disengage the cams before working... I'm just sayin'.

In the comps they're saying disengage the cams before working... I'm just sayin'.

I'm not sure thats true, if we are talking about the same thing. You MUST always have a back up system in place for a primary anchor point. Opening the lower cam, allowing the upper to take the weight, and then closing the lower cam is the norm in my experience.

Back