Some never seen photo's.....

Interesting pictures.
To those of us who have read Hunter S. Thompson's " The Hells angels" those names, if not the faces; are familiar.

I read that book when it first came out. I was in the 5th or 6th grade. My father found it and threw it away, the bastid.

My mother grew up with Skip Workman, one of the Hell's Angels. He now lives two towns away from her in a sleepy little seaside village in Maine with a construction/handyman business.

Great Pictures, really gives a sense of being there.
Billy Ray, a talented photographer for sure.

Thanks for Sharing.

The Hell's Angels would come into Point Reyes Station after the annual parade, and take over the bar and pretty much all of the main street. They'd be drunk and shat and raising hell and you didn't want to be going down there. Just driving down the street was like passing through a gauntlet. Some of them definitely had trouble on their mind. The local Sheriff was not to be found.

A gas station owner told me once that a bunch of Angels came into his station and asked to borrow his tools. He didn't normally loan them out, but was afraid to say no. After working on their bikes, every tool was wiped down and put back in it's place. They seemed most grateful.

Pt. Reyes Station is really cool, pretty scenery too, next to the National Park.
There's a Bakery called Bovine Bakery I think, We get coffee there on our moto rides.

Tons bicyclist hanging around too.

I would be scared of being on a bicycle out there with people flying by..

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    759.6 KB · Views: 6
<rt>

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 4
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 6
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 5
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 5
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 7
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 5
  • a19.jpg
    a19.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 160
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 6
  • a23.jpg
    a23.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 162
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 6
There is the story of when some other gang members, possibly from the Satan's Slaves, stole Sonny Barger's bike. When they caught up with them they broke all their fingers.

I like the mamas....those doos are awesome.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Butch, how did you manage to lift the pics from the site? I tried and couldn't and also couldn't hotlink any into my original post. I had to use their inbed code.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ahhh, sooooooooo simple bit like myself:)

Not that easy, but I've got it figured now, I think.:scratch:

Got my first road bike in '65, took about 30 minutes before something like this happened.

Lots of cops per population back then, and they didn't like me either.

Attachments

• Copy+of+fff.jpg
    Copy+of+fff.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 73
Those beehive hairdos...I remember a story in the news some years back. A young woman had her hair up like that and apparently never washed it or let it down. Unbeknown to her, there was a black widow that decided it would be a nice place to have it's young. She died from the stings.

Awesome pics. I grew up on hogs, rode in front til I was old enough to be on back. My mom left my original dad because he was pure biker. He hung with some bad ass dudes for up in Canada. He got out when things got heavy and hung with me and my mom for awhile. 4 or 5 times when I was a wee lad he would just up and leave, travel down the westcoast of the states, across to the east coast, up to Canada and then back across Canada. 4 to 5 weeks with a day or two's notice. Crazy dude.

Bikers have never been my heroes. The Hell Angels were thugs. It seems odd to me how mainstream counter culture has become. Biker gear is sold in high end boutique shops these days and low end stuff is available at gas stations. Outfitting folks to look like the bad boys of yore is a money industry. In fact any which way someone wants to rebel these days, there are companies tripping over each other to outfit you.

And TV spreads it all over the world, so we end up with our own little wanna-be black ghetto gangstas over here.
Except ours are middle class white and only wish they were black, cause it would be soooo much cooler.

Weird world!

Back