"so....hows bizness"

Working some averages in my numbers tonight as my season (fire) is not over until September.. I have cut a lot of maintenance out of the place........... Went from down 60 percent last year from the year prior, to 50 percent this year of last years for this season. Labor is up but that is just because I am allocating funds toward the house in different places. Utilizing better tax structures. Split the monies into the house per write offs. So some got raises and I got a decrease in pay ;) Utilizing my write offs as well .... Just taking advantage of working family :)
Now I need to incorporate and add the vacation rental...

Business is excellent. This is my 3rd year out on my own and it feels a little bit like this business is starting to stamp out the work. Its been a real hard a trying road the whole way and i know I have lots of hurdles to overcome for as long as i am in business. But, here and now it seems like i am starting to make a name as one that is here to stay in my region and am being blessed with lots of work. It seems like I am at a point where we are whipping jobs in a timely manner finally.

Here also. I've been very busy since getting home from the WCGTG the second week of June. The last 30 days have been my best month in a long long time. A good time to be socking it away for winter.

Got a bit quiet here and I am a lil concerned come fall... Still booking jobs and more of the climbing variety. Just the phone has quieted down a bit.. I landed another job out in the field today. Mistletoe = Job security :D

Getting more of those up here too Brendon... I hear .. "well maybe fall". "I will have some money coming in winter". "might have to wait till Jan-Feb". Hourly is selling better than the bid though as they want to see if you can just get it done faster than the bid rate.

:lol: Brendon.

I'm working tomorrow, had a crap load of work evaporate in the past week. Hopefully it'll rain back in soon enough :)

School starts back August something, taking Cal, Physics, and Public Speaking, I might take one other class if I can find one that is interesting or will help me. I'm also going to take an advanced machining night class (32 hours over a month).

He's doing a good bit better than a couple years ago, but he's fairly well plateaued. It seems "we" (:lol::lol:) are installing an irrigation system before I head to the north east.

I'm busy as I want to be. I am starting a new guy in anticipation of Jim leaving in September.

been steady, slowing up right smartly though the last week. I applied for a muni job this morning, I am getting tired of the self employed rat race. $30.42 an hour, 8 hours a day, weekends off, 2 weeks holidays and full bennies is starting to sound attractive. The position is as a cemetery grounds maintenance and supervisory position. The city has 3 cemeteries, totalling 42 acres of land, 26 developed.

Justin, maybe.
Cursed, it will be a bit of a sacrifice.
Devon, thanks, it will be a change for sure but the trade of security etc will be intersting vs the 'freedom' of self employment.

IF it pans out, the last time I applied for a Muni job I got to the second interview then was told the process was a sham (off the record by a friend in the know) as they were promoting an in house person anyways but they had to go through the process in public to make it 'look' like they had actually considered someone else. Pissed me off as I was more qualified than the person they promoted. AND they wasted a bunch of my time and energy.

Good Luck Paul!

My little side bid is up to 89.5K

Late August I'll find out.

The job itself is looking/feeling easier and easier the more I/we look/think about it.

Paul, there's still the garage door gig if the new job doesn't pan out. :)

Good luck, hope you get it this time around.

Yesterday afternoon I had nothing left to do, then I started getting calls.

Booked out for 3 weeks now, haven't had that for months, but guess what it just started raining again. :whine:

WWB, nope, pops in law sold his biz, the van and most of the tools with it, no more for me!

Back