"so....hows bizness"

Well I don't bake cookies for them or anything. I have to draw a line somewhere. I am hoping to take the hottest days off this summer and take the guys river rafting though.

booked for a couple weeks. seems about average for me this time of year. no complaints yet.
Hey Squishier, does tree removal fall under the home renovation tax credit thing? Landscape install does, maintenance doesnt, so far as I know.

My old company is pretty dead workwise in Mpls,
Friday was my last day at my 26 year old company talk about a weird feeling.

Bartlett heh??

What makes them buy?? What are they interested in??

But better than owning it in the current economy?
Thats a big 10-4, tranny went out on me old chip trk couple weeks back. They sent in a new chiptruck, I wood a bin searchin the bone yards for a used tranny.

Bartlett, I have to say, that they are first class business men and run a giant first class tree operation. They have been true to there word and quite easy to get along with.

I think they are out of the aquisition biz till the economy turns, they had 3 going when we started my deal. I was the last one for a while they tell me.

Top Notch Tree (more truthfully Daves way to run a Treecompany) no longer exists. Bartlett being the size they are has to have uniform controls and policys to maintain there quality. TNT was a good run for years, so I am not complaining at all.

Congrats Dave.

Paul, I don't think treework is in on our government tax program. But I'd love to be proven wrong. It's not slowing me down at all though.8)

Still slow, but somehow, I've always at least two jobs a week. I put an ad back in the free weekly paper we have around here, so hopefully more bites from that soon. The signs have been working, but I'm trying not to over-do them, since I just found out they're not allowed unless you are 'in the process of working,' and you can't leave them even in customers yards. ...guess I'll have to be sneaky until I can get rid of all of them. :/:

Had more calls come in today. Just got off the phone with one of them... The slope on the rope job just referred another brushing and chip job. I wonder if it's another slope on a rope:/: Seems like they all hang together.
I will probably meet with them on Monday....

Slow as all get out over here. I've sold a fair bit of summer apple pruning but can't do it for several more weeks. Had a lady ask me if I could transplant two 15-20' ponderosas for her. Not without a crane or boom of some sort...

Not too many calls. Make that almost no calls. The local nursery guy told me not to worry, that word moves slow around these parts. He said "Give it 15 years or so and business will be great!"

No biggie, though, I've got some cash reserves to live off of and other things occupying my time. Helping a good friend with his newly installed orchard and going to be taking a beekeeping class starting in a few weeks.

Had a job scheduled but had to postpone it to next week due to rain today and heavier rain forecast for tomorrow.

Leon,
Beekeeping might be a very lucrative profession soon.
Farmers here are starting to have to have beekeepers come in with hives for their farms. Something they never had to do before. Some small mite is killing the wild bees.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
got bees....:D

it aint hard. A buddy of mine gets 50 bucks per hive for two weeks in an apple orchard. x 20 aint bad for just moving them

Back