Should I try this saw

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 118
  • Views 10K
Jonseredbred Andrew is also a Jonsered dealer, if you don't have a local one.

For chits and giggles I asked him to send me a 2139. Instead of selling me a new one he's going to send me a demo saw in a couple weeks.

Andrew, sorry, I didn't mean to yell. And it sucks that even your dealer can't adjust the carb. If you don't want to mod the muffler, at least pull out the screen and then try dialing it in.

Is there a Husky or Jonered that competes with the rear handle 200?

If the chain is too tight it'll cut the same way, I found. I run mine on the edge of loose and it cuts a good bit better. The 200T seems to be the opposite.

Where can I buy a Jonsered?

call Bob at 845-657-6395.....he's not s'posed to ship cross state lines but he will, just keep mum...or you could ask Eric's dealer if he'll ship ya one.....I paid $350 plus shipping

I took it into the shop to see what they would do, and all they did was lean it out! Dumb...
More than likely if that thing has all the guts in the muffler it just can't take full flow through the carb to produce full power .

When dealing with two cycle engines if the exhaust can't get out,the fuel can't get in .To enhance the power you have to start on the exhaust end first .

Chances are if you do some muffler work it will produce better results . Properly tuned the saw will "4 cycle" out of the wood then lean out and it all turns to power once in the cut .It may sound like a screamin demon tuned lean out of the wood but that sound is deceptive.Too lean can not only burn the exhaust side of the piston but also when the saw engine needs the power in the cut ,it lacks it . Rule of thumb,it takes fuel to make power .

Another thought .If that saw won't run sustained at full throttle that is indicative of the fuel lever in the carb being set slightly too low .

If you go to Tillotson,Walbro or Zama's web sites they all give trouble shooting tips on carbs which are very helpfull .

call Bob at 845-657-6395.....he's not s'posed to ship cross state lines but he will, just keep mum...or you could ask Eric's dealer if he'll ship ya one.....I paid $350 plus shipping

Yes, we are not supposed to sell over state lines.

Things like his name and number in a public forum maynot be such a good deal for him:drink:

Who's interested in some 2139T's???

Speak up, If I can sell a quanity I can pass the savings along to all of you.

Ummm......how long do we have to submit the $$$? I could pay you next tuesday for a hamburger today. Yes I do want one.

WHAT?!?! We have to PAY for them. I thought this was another give-away. :/:

Do I sense winds of change in the treehouse? Saws in demand other than Stihl and the larger Huskys. I wouldn't have believed it in my lifetime.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/57CzNqgm8Fc&hl=ja&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/57CzNqgm8Fc&hl=ja&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I've always preferred Jonsereds, but there are no dealers in my area any more. :(

The closest shop to me ditched Jred for Husky. Wouldn't know where to find a Jred dealer. I guess I'll just have to keep rebuilding the Husky.:/:

Dave, don't you need a little trim saw for around the mill? And all parts except for the red colored body pieces are the same parts numbers as the Husky. ;)

Back