Should I try this saw

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 118
  • Views 10K
LMAO Brian...

I think the Echo finally bit the dust. It's dying out in every cut. Proper burial to follow as soon as the new saw comes in.

I got about 10 years out of it; I figure that J-Red ought to last at least as long, if I don't drop it.

335.00 that's a good price. If they have worked out the bugs, that's true competition for the vaunted 200t.

No, Al. It's really bad. I could cut faster with my Zubat, and the blade on that is almost 2 years old and rusted.

If the cylinder isn't shot pack that old dog in a box and ship it to me .I'll give it another ten years of life .If the cylinder is gone ,have services in the back yard and RIP ,old Echo .:(

Actually I have a little Echo in the shed and it isn't all that bad for an old trim saw.Not a 200T by a long shot though but better than a hand saw by a mile .

You must have missed the thread awhile back where I mentioned running it on straight gas for three weeks... :lol:

I've been running 372s and 346s for over 5 years and never had a single oiler issue. They pump a lot more oil than the stingy Stihl oilers.

Well supposedly the two trimmers where those 338's I have came from had work done on them too with the same end results .I have a sneaking suspicion the saw shop just put the screws to them though .:what:

I think I got a couple lemons... ;)

I have a sneaking suspicion that either the techs up here screwed up the install, or that the drive gear in the saw has an issue no one caught:/:

Orrrr... I got a bad bunch of oilers for about a year :P

Damn thing would run til it seized; cool off, then it would run again. This was a few years ago.

I'll say this,with the exception of those little saws every Husqvarna I ever messed with oiled very well .Again much better than Stihl for sure .

Or I could ask... Did husky solve any of their oiler issues???
:P

Yes, years ago.

The 2139 is the same as the 338.....and this new edition model has worked all the bugs out.

But in stock form, though it rates more power than the 200T, it is slower. Port the muffler and it will make huge gains....in fact 40% faster! and 20% faster than the 200T that day http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDIjltRlFXg&feature=channel_page

IMO, a better saw than the 200T......in some ways...certainly faster, with a lot more torque, and a bit less chain speed.

I knew it's the same as the Husky; in fact, if you follow the download link for the manual from Jonesred's site, it's actually on Husqvarna's server.

I'll look into porting the sucker when it gets here. =D

It's gotta be better than the 192T I got a month or so ago. That thing has had trouble running full throttle through wood since the first day I had it! :X

Andrew, it isn't the saw's fault that you haven't got it set up correctly. Continuing to run it and curse it isn't going to get the carb adjusted properly. If you cannot do it then take it to somebody who can (the dealer where you bought it). Otherwise it will be your fault when the saw seizes up in 6-12 months, but you will blame the saw.
http://www.madsens1.com/saw carb tune.htm

It's gotta be better than the 192T I got a month or so ago. That thing has had trouble running full throttle through wood since the first day I had it! :X

port that muffler, and it will also wake up nicely, for a pruning saw. Read the description for my video, it gives the cut time for the 192, the last saw on that clip.
I assume you were complaining about the saw's power...but if was running poorly, it's fixable. All 3 of mine run great--though I've only run the bone stocker for a tank or so...it's too slow for this impatient old coot.

If the chain is too tight it'll cut the same way, I found. I run mine on the edge of loose and it cuts a good bit better. The 200T seems to be the opposite.

Where can I buy a Jonsered?

$335, with the tax from my dealer. Mine will be here Tuesday. :D

Whoa!. That's even less than spike60 from AS (Bob of Ashokan Turf and Timber out of NY) charged me.

Incredible deal for an awesome saw....I'll put mine up against any 200T around, even Al's souped up one--though I'd expect to get whipped.

I also got a 346NE from him, which costs the same as the comparable Jonsy, but came with a non cat muffler. Sent it straight to a new builder friend from AS. It is 52% faster than stock, and beats my ehp 5100 by a bit. Fab saw!!

Andrew, it isn't the saw's fault that you haven't got it set up correctly. Continuing to run it and curse it isn't going to get the carb adjusted properly. If you cannot do it then take it to somebody who can (the dealer where you bought it). Otherwise it will be your fault when the saw seizes up in 6-12 months, but you will blame the saw.
http://www.madsens1.com/saw carb tune.htm

I feel like I've heard this before... :lol:

I took it into the shop to see what they would do, and all they did was lean it out! Dumb...

Back