• Start date
  • Replies 395
  • Views 35K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
MonkeyPuzzle,

I sent you a few PM's...!

HC

The third bag is finished! The side issues have been corrected but I'm still NOT happy with the top yet. I'm making up a new version & may have it done late tonight. Its a simply problem to address but the combinations of methods are many!:X Again, getting closer with each try.

The 4th prototype will be done tonight but its 3:30pm here and I have a few libms to remove over a customers garage yet before it gets dark.

I'm also packing tonight to do deer hunting in the morning. Will be gone for up to a week but I'll post pics of the latest mesh bag prototype once back home!

Later,

HC

HB's mesh bag

got the bag in the mail yesterday.

All in all it seems to be good.

Seems like the side black webbing could be doubled up to make it stand up even after wearing in.
But I like it.

I would caution you, HB. The mesh bags are lighter and possibly not as durable as a full fabric bag. THis talk about dropping them out of trees may not be good for a mash bag. Also, if you snag them like on climbing spurs, they may just develop holes.

Also, simple is best- dont 'love' it to the point where you over engineer it. I see no reason not to sell the bag as it is with just a bit more stiffining on the sides so it wont collapse when feeding a rope into it.
The stitching is even, the seams are well placed, and the webbing handles are a good length.

I will take 4 of the bigger bags and 5 of the smaller bags please.

Thanks
Frans

Frans,

Glad you like it so far. I will be doubling the sides but this time will use the full width of the inner web strap for support. That should do it! It'll make it easier to put together as well as I can give it a cleaner more even finish.

I know you are fine with the top rim the way it is, and it works ok... BUT I have one more possability in designe that could work a bit better. This one will be a 14" bag & once its done I'll send it to you to compare the two for yourself. What ever you decide will be the way I'll make all the others!

Don't worry about the mesh getting damaged any time soon, it'll take over 90lbs force to rip it! Its coated nylon and will take quite a beating!

You will get the next bag in a couple weeks. Sorry for the delay but I want to get it right first. You order is in for 4 - 16" & 5 -14"ers once the final product designe has been established. HC

Oh Yes...

I think I finally got it right!

After five attempts of trial & error, I do believe that the 5th prototype is the winner! I doubled the sides with a 2nd piece of webbing,(full width) and it seems to be working fine. The top was a bitch, but after 5 trys, I now have the desired effect I wanted. It closes the same way as my other (all fabric) bags and with the same feel...not to stiff & not to soft!

The top took the longest to figure out and its a bit of a trick to put it together. The top 1" of the rim is just fabric,(no mesh). The outside of the (solid fabric) rim is attached 1" below & 1" above the mesh. On the inside of the rim, the solid fabric catches the top part of the mesh and continues up 1", then back down the other side. This combination of fabrics & folds give it its strength & flexability!

The "Bag Lady" out did herself on putting this bag together! :)

This 14" bag will be mailed out to Frans for his review. Afterwards, I'll have to sit down & figure out my costs in order to set a price for the mesh bags. I'll let you guys know once I know.

For all the guys who have been waiting for there standard 16" bag, I offer my appologies for taking so long. Your bags will be made next before any mesh bags are made! You've been waiting long enough!

Frans, what that means is your going to have to wait a bit before I can get started on your order. Its only fair to the other guys. I'll get this 5th prototype mesh bag mailed out to you this Tuesday.

Below are some pics of this latest mesh bag. Enjoy. HC

Anybody want to buy a half dozen yellow CMI rope bags? Cheap? Even though I no longer use as many ropes as I once did, your dedication to quality and function makes me want to replace all my rope bags!

Seriously, and I'm not just blowing smoke up your skirt, anyone who is even considering a rope bag (instead of hanking/ coiling your ropes like we've all done for years) needs to forget about the overpriced crap from Buckingham and Sherrill. The 2 bags I got from Bob are better than anything I've ever put my paws on. And those mesh bags look like the shiznit!
8)

Bob,

When do we go into production? The mesh bags look awesome! Way to go Canuck!

I got a solid rope bag from Bob a while back, and its held up great.
The new mesh bags are very nice ! I'll of course want at least one.

Thanks for the welcome guys...
I've been lurking for a couple of years, finally got around to making a post.
Be Safe

Hi Chuck, glad you like your bag and welcome to the "TreeHouse"! ;)

MonkeyPuzzle,

I recieved your envelope in the mail today. Thank you very much!!! Hope you get many years of dependable service with your new bag! If you have any problems with it, let me know & I'll send you a new one at no charge!;)

Thanks again.

HC

HC,
Have you seen the rope bag in the Sherrill's fall 2006 INNOVATION catalog?
Page 14 item # 28777.
What do you think of it?
Frans

HC,
Have you seen the rope bag in the Sherrill's fall 2006 INNOVATION catalog?
Page 14 item # 28777.
What do you think of it?
Frans

Frans,

Thats NOT a rope bag... it's a throwline bag ! If you look at that picture under good lighting, you can see the throwline through the mesh. I haven't seen one of them up close so I cannot comment about its construction.

Paul,

Yes I did recieve your envelope, It came on Nov.08th around the time I was deer hunting. I should have mentioned it earlier...sorry paul & thank you !

Other than the size & being all blue on the outside, did you see or notice any difference between the two??? HC

Frans,

Did you get the second mesh bag yet? If so, let me know if you like the way it closes ... better or worse than the first one I sent you? I'm happy with this final designe,(for now). I also doubled the web sides and this makes it stronger & easier to put together.

Let me know what you think & if I need to improve anything.

Bob (HC)

Sorry again for the delay in getting the bags made... I had some ready earlier this week to be sent out but noticed some quality control issues with the location of the grommets! They had been installed incorrectly and this hinders the closing & opening of the bag!~ I will not sell crap!!! I should have some more ready by this weekend and out by next week.

As mentioned earlier, I just have one person making them at this time and am looking for one or two others to sew for me. This isn't easy because the construction requires a heavy duty sewing machine! I did find one person that was interested but they wanted more money to make a bag than what I'm selling them for!:what: ...I don't think so.

So for now untill I get better organized, I'll be turning out good quality bags one bag at a time after work (full time day job) and on weekends.

Everything in time so please be patient. Again, sorry for the delays...it can't be helped. HC

Frans,

Thats NOT a rope bag... it's a throwline bag ! If you look at that picture under good lighting, you can see the throwline through the mesh. I haven't seen one of them up close so I cannot comment about its construction.
HC

Great! That means you are still on the cutting edge of innovation!

No, have not gotten the second rope bag yet.
I will say however that the first one I got from you has, in this recent rain we've gotten, has kept my rope from moldering like the other ropes in the box.
It's great, look forward to getting more, dont know why mesh bags have not been invented before now...
Frans

frans--not a rope man in trees--but--the reason no other one has made these bags--because theyve been making them that way for years--and no complaints--ya know--uh huh---mainly they dont want to change their ways--unlike our friend on this forum----ya--innovation--

Back