Rope bag project...

• Thread starter Hobby Climber
  • Start date
  • Replies 395
  • Views 35K
Sweeeeeeeeeet, Deva !
I've held out on the idea that the bag is perfect for throw line !!!
Nice pix... I'm ENVIOUS !

Deva is taking good care of his girl, buying her a brand new exotic NewTribe saddle, twisted clevis for her flip line.
But those steel biners must weigh her down alot!

Happy to see another person getting up in the trees

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Carl (LJ),

I sent you a PM.:)

Bob (HC)

Frans,

Just about done your order, I'm shooting for one more week or so & they will be done! ;)

HC

Frans,

Just about done your order, I'm shooting for one more week or so & they will be done! ;)

HC

Wonderfull! You are one busy bag maker thats for sure. Keep this up and you might just start making a little spending money! Takes awhile to get back all that R&D time and effort...

Wonderfull! You are one busy bag maker thats for sure. Keep this up and you might just start making a little spending money! Takes awhile to get back all that R&D time and effort...
----------

Yes its fun but I don't expect to get rich any time soon. I just bought a grommet press ($200++) before Christmas so it'll be sometime later this year before it pays for its self...I hope!

I'M NOW TAKING ORDERS FOR THE 14" MESH ROPE BAGS, (ready by spring)!!!

I like the 14" mesh bags height for your average store bought hanks of 120' & 150' length. These new mesh bags STAND UP and STAY OPEN just as good as my all fabric bags. They are much lighter also!

I will make the 16' mesh for longer climb lines & bull ropes on request but the standard bag (Mesh) will be the 14" inches! I'm focusing primarily on the the average climb lines.
--------------

Price,

The price of the New Mesh bags will be $30.00 US funds (plus shipping) for either the 14" & 16" bags. I will make the mesh taller on special orders but the botton will stay the same 12" diameter.

BTW, all the bugs have been worked out on the mesh bags so I think your gonna like them!!!;) IMHO, this new Mesh Bag rocks!

Just so you know, I have 20 bags to make first befor I can get started with any new orders as of now so...

HC:)

Yes its fun but I don't expect to get rich any time soon. I just bought a grommet press ($200++) before Christmas so it'll be sometime later this year before it pays for its self...I hope!

I've heard through the grapevine that the grommets should be bigger, for passing a 'biner ???
Just feedback izzall.
:/:
Those mesh bags look like they're the TICKET, Bob !!!
I know your customers will be so pleased with them.

I've heard through the grapevine that the grommets should be bigger, for passing a 'biner ???
Just feedback izzall.
-------------

TC3,

I can do custom work on a bag to accept a biner. It would have to be done with the webbing though. To go out & buy a bigger grommet die for my press would cost me another $90 bucks!:O There are other ways, adding a folded loop on the bag would be easier! HC
--------

T,

I sent yo a PM. :)

HC

BUMP for HC's rope bags ! I bought one for my bro, who uses it for throw line.
Great product, Bob. I wish you every success.
(P.S. Still make the grommets bigger... atleast ONE of 'em ?)
For those who haven't got one yet, the bags squish down nicely when not in use. The mesh is perfect.
Maybe when Hobby Climber hits the "Big Time" he'll buy a round for the House ?!?
;)
...Will keep spreading the good word !

Hobby Climber who's next on the list? Please say me.8)
----------------------

Justin,

I had a problem with on of the last two bags I'm making for Frans, (hight issue again, had to start over). Once the last of his two are done...Your Next!

The bag lady is gonna need a bit of a break soon... I haven't let her out of the sweat shop for some time now. I ask for your patience. HC
Theresa,

I do have the grommet press to insert a larger grommet to take a carabiner. But to buy a new size die just to make one hole in a bag... its not $$$ wise for me at this time. A simple and more practical solution would be to attach a web loop to the top of the bag. It would be easier to do and much stronger over all.
I could simply continue the web backing, (found between the web handle & bag), and continue it up into a twisted loop. Then sew it back along itself between the handle & the bag. This way the load is carried along the length of the bag and not just one small point!

Just a thought. HC

HB,
I was working in the rain the other day, and my rope bag filled with water up to the edge where the mesh starts. Dumped out the water.
I would really really like to have a grommet centered in the bottom of the rope bags.

HB,
I was working in the rain the other day, and my rope bag filled with water up to the edge where the mesh starts. Dumped out the water.
I would really really like to have a grommet centered in the bottom of the rope bags.
------------------------

Frans,

I'll put one or more grommet(s) in the bottom of your bags if you like, thats no problem! Thing is , they will be the same size as the ones at the top of the bag!!! I just have the one size grommet die at this time and at a price of $90-$100+ each:O , thats likely all I'll have!

Just let me know how many you would like in the bottom...one or more??? I'll even give you your choice of location...let me know & I'll get started tonight. I'm thinking three grommets in a triangle pattern about 4" apart at center. HC

----------------------

Justin,

I had a problem with on of the last two bags I'm making for Frans, (hight issue again, had to start over). Once the last of his two are done...Your Next!

The bag lady is gonna need a bit of a break soon... I haven't let her out of the sweat shop for some time now. I ask for your patience. HC

No worries HC as it happens is cool with me.

------------------------

Frans,

I'll put one or more grommet(s) in the bottom of your bags if you like, thats no problem! Thing is , they will be the same size as the ones at the top of the bag!!! I just have the one size grommet die at this time and at a price of $90-$100+ each:O , thats likely all I'll have!

Just let me know how many you would like in the bottom...one or more??? I'll even give you your choice of location...let me know & I'll get started tonight. I'm thinking three grommets in a triangle pattern about 4" apart at center. HC

Whoh, whoh big eager fellah!
NO, no no no.
One (1) grommet centered in the bottom of each bag. Not two, not three, not four, just one. Centered in the bottom of each bag. Did I say just one grommet? One (1) grommet per bag!
Anymore and I wont pay a red nickel for the bag!
:)

dang, three grommets? I would be working if its raining that hard.

edit: meant to say ' wouldn't"

Whoh, whoh big eager fellah!
NO, no no no.
One (1) grommet centered in the bottom of each bag. Not two, not three, not four, just one. Centered in the bottom of each bag. Did I say just one grommet? One (1) grommet per bag!
Anymore and I wont pay a red nickel for the bag!

---------------

Frans,

Let me see if I understand you right...that was just one grommet you wanted in the bottom of the bag? :lol: :P

No problemo, I'll get started on them tonight!:|:

Just to repeat what I mentioned earlier, I only have one size grommet that I'm using at this time. It'll be the same size grommet that you find at the top of the bag for the drawstring! Just so ya know. HC

Back