Rocky's bucket truck for sale

Skwerl, hold out! Someone WILL COME, just wait. A truck like yours sells, it's just a matter of time.

Dont settle for less, if your price is in the ballpark.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's getting close! I'm having some 'artistic differences' with the sign company employee who wants to keep 'improving' my signs. I've rejected 4 proofs so far and emailed the boss today. All I wanted was one word added and resize the font to fit the door shape (shorter and wider). Instead I got different font, no shadow, then a new, crappy shadow and a couple other ugly changes that I didn't want. Hopefully they will get it right next week.
:|:

It's winter, that is always a hard time to sell anything that is a big ticket item if it is going to be used for cutting trees.

Wait till it gets closer to spring and you will probaly have to shoo off the buyers. All it takes is some warmer weather and the phone to ring more and you will have a buyer. You can bet someone is watching your truck very closely but are waiting a little before making a move on it.

I haven't even had a chance to try out my chipper with the winch yet because of the lousy cold and snowy weather we have been having here.I am getting tired of working on saws and trucks and ready for an actual full blown tree removal job to do. We have been working a little but we are only doing the cutting and leaving the mess on the ground.

Monday might be the day, got a good one lined -up if we don't get some crappy snow and ice like the weatherman is forecasting

Think Spring :D:D

It's winter, that is always a hard time to sell anything that is a big ticket item if it is going to be used for cutting trees.

Wait till it gets closer to spring and you will probaly have to shoo off the buyers. All it takes is some warmer weather and the phone to ring more and you will have a buyer.

I haven't even had a chance to try out my chipper with the winch yet because of the lousy cold and snowy weather we have been having here.I am getting tired of working on saws and trucks and ready for an actual full blown tree removal job to do. We have been working a little but we are only doing the cutting and leaving the mess on the ground.

Think Spring :D:D

ummm, the trees are budding out right now. In central Florida, the third week of February IS spring!
:P

I have not gotten a single email or call from my online ad on Tree Trader. I thought I had a pretty good ad but it's now down to about the 12th page and I would be shocked if anybody called me from that ad.

Ben, you still want the truck? :D How about you, Ed? :P

You just need to re-list it to get it back to the top don't you? Are you allowed to do that? It seems like people do.

Ahhh I forgot you said that it costs. Frig that then. I'm spent.:D

I was thinking of listing my old Wayne CnD.:lol:

You could try craigslist.com. It is free to list it for sale here in wisconsin anyway. I just sold my tractor on there only had it advertised for three days. Good luck.

I got a call yesterday on the truck. This afternoon I went and showed the truck to a couple guys and they are very interested. All they need is some money. :|:
Anyway, I have good feelings about it. The truck will sell and I'll get my (reduced) asking price. It's just a matter of time.

I've also changed my tact from "I'm tired of trying to find a mechanic to work on this damn 8.2 Detroit" to "This truck made me enough money in 2.5 years to buy a newer truck!" Putting a positive spin on it sure helps. ;)

I've also changed my tact from "I'm tired of trying to find a mechanic to work on this damn 8.2 Detroit" to "This truck made me enough money in 2.5 years to buy a newer truck!" Putting a positive spin on it sure helps. ;)

Hell Yeah! the power of positive thinking!

I just got a call from the guy who looked at my truck a week and a half ago. He is anxious to buy it and his partner is applying for a loan this week. In the meantime he asked me to do a job for him getting a couple trees on the ground, so I'll have an opportunity to go show him how easy it is to make money with a bucket truck. Because all you need is a bucket truck and a saw, and treework is a piece of cake, right? :|:

Anyway, the trees are cake and I'll blow them both out in an hour. He will be so impressed that he's going to find a way to squirt out $16K for my old truck. :lol:

Because all you need is a bucket truck and a saw, and treework is a piece of cake, right? :|:

Ha, I know a guy like that. He fixes resturant equipment and drove by a bucket and chipper for sale. Next day he is a tree man. He would call me in a jam and I'd show up and soo things like this.

"You can do it, right Brendon?"

Sure! $$$$$$$$

Good luck with the sale!

Attachments

• 7-12-07.jpg
    7-12-07.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 4
Personally, I would not help out someone like that. If you bail him out his business will thrive on your merits. Let them fail.

Ha, I know a guy like that. He fixes resturant equipment and drove by a bucket and chipper for sale. Next day he is a tree man. He would call me in a jam and I'd show up and soo things like this.

"You can do it, right Brendon?"

Sure! $$$$$$$$

Good luck with the sale!

I can only see part of the company name on the back of that truck. Please tell me its not "Easy Beaver Tree Service." :what:

Not trying to sound cruel, but I could care less if he succeeds or fails AFTER he buys my truck. But for this job I'm going to do everything I can to make him think that simply owning a bucket truck is like a license to print your own money. He can find out all the cruel, harsh truths after the check clears.
;)

Brett, I suspect it's 'Busy Beaver'. Locally we also have an 'Eager Beaver'.

Back