Rocky's bucket truck for sale

The guy i used to work for had a truck similar (ie: no headache rack). It was always hard NOT working over the cab, even though we set it up in an effort not too. In the several yrs I worked the truck, i think we put 3 windshields in it. The price he paid for the glass, im sure would have put the rack on top.

If it were mine, it would have a rack.

Tree truck = headache rack =gottahave one. I wouldn't use a bucket truck doing trees unless it had one.

I have been looking for a replacement boom myself, found one I liked only no headache rack. Probaly have to look elsewhere.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Larry, you can probably have a headache rack made for a couple hundred bucks. I never bothered with the old truck (it has heavy duty catwalks on top of the boxes and I rarely work over the cab) but I'll probably have one made for the new truck.

I have pictures and more info on the new truck over here.

I'd like this thread to stay focused on selling the blue truck. :)
Here's a picture from this morning's removal (my final job with this truck) and another picture from the 'park and sell' lot this afternoon.
:cry:

In the first pictures, I was amazed at the lack of rust (we've got plenty up here), then in the last pictures, I see that fading is your enemy! Glad you got it running right again. It's like lost car keys, you allways find the problem in the last place you looked. ;)

Dave

The truck isn't faded as bad as it looks. The last two pictures were underexposed and I brightened them up on my computer, so they look a little washed out.

I got two calls in the last day from friends checking up on me and wondering if I was injured, dead or quitting the tree business after they saw my truck for sale. I think over 90% of the tree guys in town will see it in the next 3-4 weeks. :)

Lighting is a pain when taking pictures. I have been studying photography lately. I want to get a DSLR, but they can be serious coin. The first shots came out well, that is a really sharp looking truck.

Dave

Any leads on selling the truck?

Not yet, Gigi. Although I've gotten calls from three people who know me and wanted to find out if I was giving up treework, hospitalized, dead or moving when they saw my truck for sale.

I'm still trying to get over to the Truck Trader office to place an ad there, their online form forces you to specify make and model and they have Altec as a choice but then it wants to force me to pick an incorrect model number.

I did place an ad on Tree Trader online. For $35 I get to be one of 300 bucket trucks listed for sale nationwide. Their form implied that I also got a free ad in the magazine but that turned out to be a $65-$90 'extra'. :what: BTW, has anybody here ever seen the Tree Trader magazine? I am highly doubtful that it would be of any benefit trying to sell this truck. It won't do me a bit of good for somebody 2000 miles away to see my ad.

I still think that it will eventually sell locally. The guy who owns the lot where I'm parking the truck called me and had me cut down a pine tree for him in exchange for a month's parking. It took me all of 38 minutes. 8)

I've sold two buckets and a chipper with TreeTrader.com

It works for me.

My buddy sold his log truck in the tree trader to a guy from canada! :O

OK, OK, so I guess I'm the odd one out here. I'll wait and see what happens in the next month or so and if I'm not getting any calls then I'll consider putting an ad in the Tree Trader magazine. I'm not particularly fond of their online ad layout as the prices aren't displayed unless you open the particular ad, and then half of them don't list a price anyways. when there's 400 bucket truck ads then most people are going to narrow their search by price and the Tree Trader site does not make that very easy. Perhaps their print version is better, although I'd have no idea where to find a copy to see for myself. I'd be more impressed if I had actually seen their magazines in a store somewhere.

Brian your ads been viewed 71 times. Nice website link;) And quit advertising it, I need it to still be for sale when I have cash after my chipping contracts finished in may.

The first time I seen the magazine was at a larger gas station news stand then I went online and got a freensubscription. Now I get one once a month. It is interesting to see the price difference of some of the identical pieces of equipment from some dealers

I stopped by today to fire up the truck and cycle the hydraulics since it's been parked for 2 weeks with the boom in the air. As I was bringing the bucket down a guy pulled up, got out and was looking at the truck. He said he worked for Asplundh and was interested in starting his own gig. I showed him a few things on the truck and he seemed quite interested. He mentioned having to discuss it with his cousin but he asked for my card and said he would be in touch.

My first real honest-to-god lead on selling the truck! I hope he can scrape together some dollars. I think lots of people would want to buy the truck but very few actually have the ability to put the money on the table. So my pool of potential buyers is quite small.

Back