Rigging gone wrong...

I've seen that one before, what a nut to put that in the ropero's hands.
Usually the climber knows the ropero's abilities and vice versa.

Too bad buddy.

I'd sure like to know the extent of his calf crush. When it happened to me, it was my ankle, but luckily it was below the joint, down lower on the heel. It gave me a purple/ blackish bruise on both sides and was sore for weeks. Later, that same foot was crushed.

I am very lucky to have a climber as my ground man. He knows what to expect and when to expect it. We work very well together and both know how things work. I am lucky.

Man that was sooooooo preventable! Ignorance is bliss, but that guys ego was writtin' checks his skills couldn't cash!

I just went and looked at it on the Buzz.

Jeez, now I remember why I don't go there no more.

I sincerely hope that if that "person" Riggs was a member here, he'd been banned long ago!

He's a shit talking punk that woulda been slayed here toot sweet. The Buzz sure does have some weird moderation...

I really can't see why anyone from here would go there.:scratch:

I am very lucky to have a climber as my ground man. He knows what to expect and when to expect it. We work very well together and both know how things work. I am lucky.

I'm the ground man most of the time these days except on jobs I do alone, and you're spot on there it's a good way to work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Cary is hanging out over there it seems. He posted this morning. What gives? I've made posts over there that seemed to be ignored completely. Even hogwash posts over here get a response! :lol:

kid%20with%20sign%20what%20the%20hell%20are%20you%20talking%20about.jpg

From my perspective it was nice somebody put that vid on just to show what can happen .Being the buzz though a few will jump on it like ugly on ape .That's just the buzz ,par for the course .

In that same thread RB linked to a vid of a crane removal that came close to clipping the head off a climber .They even pooh poohed that one .

Some of the poster on that praticular web forum I do believe are just hecklers no matter who posts things .I'm beginning to wonder if they aren't just a figment of somebodies imagination .It would stand to reason if those posters only exist in cyber space for whatever reason and make their presence known on A-S that they certainly would show up at the buzz just to stir chit .With the blessings of the site administraters too boot .

They let a certain faction get away with anything while at the same time banning others for trivial chit which leads me to believe they are internally generated .Both those sites I've mentioned have at times had certain multiple personality posters so it doesn't or would not surprise me a bit if it comes from the top as far as site administraters although they'd swear on a stack of Bibles they don't do such nonsense .They lie ,a fact we pretty much all know .

Exactly.

"Look here, boys and girls, this is what happens when you take too many wraps!"

Much better than having them learn it on the job.

The Buzz is a good site, It's just gotten large and a tad out of control in some respect. I don't know if Mark still moderates his own website anymore, but back in the day when the site first started and he moderated it was a great place to go and learn. Still is, just have to wade through all the bs first.

You are right, Greg.
It used to be a good site.
Bad moderation killed it, IMO.
I used to hang out there, but I don't tolerate the internet heroes, who'll throw shit at you that they'd never do face to face, so once I found the Treehouse, I quit the Buzz.

Most sites have some good content but again things can get out of hand .A-S was fine until D went nuts .

I warned another gent of whom I think might have had good intentions but shortly after the forum got started it became merely a platform to express policitical ideas rather than forestry /arborists type things .As a result just about anyone who could have added things of benefit lost interest in it .

I just spent a few minutes going over a few threads on the buzz then once again reminded myself why I lost interest in it .Geeze those folks will argue like old women over nothing .

If someone does put a vid clip or a picture in a post 10 people jump on it .Like they are getting even or something .I suppose because they get the same treatment .Just doesn't prove chit .

Back