Project Muscle Truck (again!)

You can rotate a 4x4 eh B? Unless the tire is specific on it's rotation and you don't want to remount them.

Blocks also increase leverage on the spring, which can lead to axle wrap/wheel hop/busted parts. More of an off road kinda problem though.

You can't have 2 different sized tires on a 4x4, one will fight the other, was what I meant. Kinda like having a different gear set in the front axle, than the back.

Just stating the obvious for a lurker.

You can't have 2 different sized tires on a 4x4, one will fight the other, was what I meant. Kinda like having a different gear set in the front axle, than the back.

Just stating the obvious for a lurker.

Ah, yeah. Different sized tires on a 4x4 is a nogo.

:/:
DSC05029.jpg

Like the tires on my tractor :P

ETA, but yeah, unless the gearing compensates, it's a nogo on most surfaces.

Ha, shit thats true. Hmm, what am I picturing in my head then? You'd have to have a different ratio in the front then right?

Say the rears are twice as big as the fronts, then everytime the rear axle goes around once, the tires not moving as fast as the front. So wouldn't the fronts want to drag the rears?

Yeah, the front axles ratio is alot higher than the rears, but it works out to the same with the different sized tires.

With a rear tire bigger than the front, with the same gearing, the rear would push the front.

I have seen shackle lifts too, I did that on the rear of my forerunner as the leafs had begun to sag under wear and tear.

Buddy of mine in highschool did the shackle lift on his older dodge dart, looked dumbass.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well... the truck is pretty much done for now... it's all stuff like a tach, some interior stuff, lowering it 2", posi-traction with 3.73's, and a small list of other stuff.

I am glad I got to share this build up with you guys. It has taken me almost 2 years to get this thing to this stage... It is driveable and hauls ass... I will put up a couple more youtube vids up soon, along with the rest of the stuff I do to it. Thanks for all the nice comments... :)

There will be more to come...

Here it is... engine and tranny broke in, and finally outside of the shop and posin'! :thumbup:

Gary

Attachments

• 1972 GMC 111.jpg
    1972 GMC 111.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 507
  • 1972 GMC 112.jpg
    1972 GMC 112.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 555
lookin sweet;)

whats it sounding like with an exhaust on it now? sounded like a top fueler on tickover in the vid:O

Glad you got it done, Gary, looks super good. Just maybe needs a hood ornament.

Attachments

• aaaa334web.jpg
    aaaa334web.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 73
Back