Project Bay Boat

• Thread starter fishhuntcutwood
  • Start date
  • Replies 126
  • Views 12K
Jeff, I was thinking about your boat while watching a fishing show last weekend. They were fishing muskie in the GL somewhere and they were using a ski boat because it had a shallower draft, and higher sidewalls...and of course, they had a power pole.

something to think about for the next project;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, which show was that? I'd like to see that.

Nice boat Jeff!

Have you thought about a drift anchor for the windy days?

Let me know if ever you want some company out on the water this year, I'd be more than happy to help slime up that boat with fish!!! ;)

Bob

Nice boat Jeff!

Have you thought about a drift anchor for the windy days?

Let me know if ever you want some company out on the water this year, I'd be more than happy to help slime up that boat with fish!!! ;)

Bob

I've got three socks for different winds and drift speeds. I use them all the time.

And yeah, but it'll be sometime in May before I even get out. I've got absolutely no desire to fish for crappie or walleye.

I'm taking the whole freaking week off from work to get caught up on boat stuff! Bass season opens next weekend. I'm not a bass guy, but it's fishing. Muskie doesn't open until June....

Got the Power Pole hung today. Mounted the bracket on Saturday. Had to take it to work and hang the motor on the overhead hoist, as the bracket mounts between the motor and transom. I found two bent bolts, which was kinda odd, but hell, it happens. So now it's got grade 8 bolts and hardware on there. Nothin gonna bend now! I did manage to crush the aft transducer cable though rehanging then engine! I specifically meant not to, and ended up doing it anyway when the motor shifted and I didn't check the cable before I torqued it. I've got one on order....$75 out the door. :X

But the PP is hung, I still have to mount the pump, accumulator, relay, remote unit and switch as well as put in an additional battery to run it all. Sounds like alot, but that'll all be tomorrow afternoon, and pretty easy. Then comes VHF radio and the odds and ends to get it ready.

Attachments

• P4190004.JPG
    P4190004.JPG
    142.3 KB · Views: 48
  • P4200006.JPG
    P4200006.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 47
Let's not bother calculating the price per pound those bass and muskie are gonna be worth, eh?
:lol:

Looks good, Jeff. Have fun!

OK, all done! Well done for the most part. I've still got the nickel/dime stuff to finish up, but the Power Pole is fully installed and operational.

As it comes from the factory, it's just straight to the battery, and the switch is "up" or "down." There's no "off." With the remote, any time you activate the switch, it'll operate, and the range is like 50'. As such, a buddy of mine had his remote in his pocket on the way home and accidently hit "down" and his PP deployed on the highway at 75 mph, and wore the stake down to a nub! So I installed a switch ahead of the up/down switch so I could kill power to the whole ensemble and not have to worry about it. Installation went pretty straightforward. Pump, up/down relay, remote relay, Wave Pak, wiring to the switches and then the hydraulic tubing. Took me a couple of days, but in reality could've been done in an afternoon if I wasn't so anal about stuff and took the short cuts I could've taken.

And as it turns out, the brand of switch that they use is the same brand that came factory on my boat, so I just pulled out the aerator and washdown switches that I never use, and slid the PP switch in there for a factory look.

I'll get some more pics as I have it out on the water, like I plan to this afternoon....

Attachments

• P4220007.JPG
    P4220007.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 69
  • P4230020.JPG
    P4230020.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 68
  • P4260027.JPG
    P4260027.JPG
    140 KB · Views: 68
  • P4260034.JPG
    P4260034.JPG
    141.5 KB · Views: 68
  • P4280001.JPG
    P4280001.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 68
  • P5010003.JPG
    P5010003.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 68
  • P5010004.JPG
    P5010004.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 68
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E3DBH3zaMjE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E3DBH3zaMjE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lwIi7jOLX70&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lwIi7jOLX70&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

A Power Pole is to an anchor what a trolling motor is to a paddle.

Back