Ponderosa speedline

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 105
  • Views 9K
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not here looking for friends, he's looking for adoring fans. We have enough idols around here, we don't need any more.

I'm not digging either of those commercials.

Obvious safety issues on the first one, but the format seemed okay.

Safety issues with the second one, too... but otherwise, it was way too "busy" to get the message across. I bet it gives someone a seizure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Arm chair Arborist

He's not here looking for friends, he's looking for adoring fans. We have enough idols around here, we don't need any more.

I am not looking for anything. I came here a few years ago in here bought some way too small xx tshirts .Anyone want them ? I will pay for delivery.

I can only the the high road for so long. I apologize to the rest of y'all for the out burst.

Darn right you'll apologize.

What the heck is wrong with you...

...using three smilies in one post! Sheesh! :P

I kinda like that old Dodge chip truck.

I started off with one just like it.

Dammit people, you're supposed to be idolizing me!:P

I am not looking for anything. I came here a few years ago in here bought some way too small xx tshirts .Anyone want them ? I will pay for delivery.

Yes, I'll take them. Shall I PM you my address?

Sorry you weren't satisfied. So far, you're the only one that wasn't happy. I think can live with that. :drink:

I like speedlines, did one over a house today to get a big pine to the chipper.

I don't care about two guys in the tree but I did see something bothers me. When you drop a top or big wood, the speedline itself should not see ANY of the shock load. You either loosen it before cutting and tighten it once the piece is on the loadline or you catch it with the load line above the speed line and lower onto it.

I drop limbs right onto the speedline all the time but heavy wood and shock loads are hugely amplified because of the angles.

Maybe you were setup that way and I just didn't see it.

They weren't, Blinkers. didn't ya see the rather considerable stem deflection?

You're dead on, as I posted several back. There was way too much sideload applied to the stem in that video, caused by the top dropping down onto a tensioned line. Takes but a bit of time to tension the speedline after the load is on it, just need a chipper winch, GRCS, or a 5-1 or so mech advantage. Sideloading forces must be accounted for, and can be counteracted with a back guy line, to another tree or ground.

As always, safe speed lining requires competent crew.

After the top cut one climber rode the speedline down to leave the rest of the work for one climber. Two guys limbing the tree was awesome.some cannot handle working together. i can see that.

Why?
While the branches are zipping down, I'd have 4 or 5 more slung and ready to go for the next round as soon as the guys unclip the previous turn.

A bit slower if a control line is needed. Gotta wait for it to come back up. Pop those slings off, and reuse 'em. Do anywhere from one to 6 branches at a time, just need varying lengths of slings.

Maybe lay off the donuts for a while and they'll fit.

I don't care much for smilies, too often folks say things that are rude and then try to make it OK with a smilie. If you are joking around with a friend, they should understand that without the graphic help. In the middle of a combative thread which is a person to believe, the snub or the smilie?

I don't care much for smilies, to often folks say things that are rude and then try to make it OK with a smilie.

Only idiots do that. Nothing wrong with smilies.
mac1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back