Personal Trainer

Well?

• He's a RIPOFF!!!

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Awesome trainer!

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
It's better than nothing, but it's also something that can be done FOREVER so I think its better than 'too much'. My 80 something year old MIL walks a mile most days easy. I'm sure I will be able to also when/if I hit that age. Doesn't take too long. Isn't too taxing. Just healthy.

I think the best program or 'diet' or whatever is the one you can plan on doing for a very long time.

i agree with Che. YES MB it is not much - a start yes - it gets me out of the house on cold days, the hills do help and with a good pace the heart rate is elevated. Your only need about 30 minutes a day to stay on a program.

Once the weather warms above 58 and the light is here - it is back on the bike for an average 20 miles.

with that walking routine, there is also light hand weights, 8 lb's and yoga and stretching to make it about a hour of time. I have found that a steady routine is great- I do a 12 week program then rest for two then start over. being of my age, I do not over do it - the height /weight is ok - not great - the muscles are toned and the body is good.

for me it works - i am never going to be that 5'8 130 lb in a bikini - so why try for it - so a 5'8 165 in shorts and a t is sweet.

Being fit and happy with yourself is much more important than trying to attain a unrealistic media hyped 'look' of perfection.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Being fit and happy with yourself is much more important than trying to attain a unrealistic media hyped 'look' of perfection.

That sounds like something Dr. Phil would say. :lol:

Attachments

• your-fat_dr-PHIL.jpg
    your-fat_dr-PHIL.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 3
Well seeing how I don't have broadcasted TV you'd know better than me.:P

YAHOO - i am not alone in the world of being tv less.

so for now - the program is for me to drop 18 lbs in 6 months

the century ride is on March 16

I also feel that you should share your goals with others so they can encourage you and support you in some way.

works for me

You're not alone, we're just a quiet minority. I'll have tv when they pay me to advertise in my home. Oh yah and when my young highly impressionable daughter is long grown up.

I'm almost there, guys. I have a tv but no cable. In fact I haven't had cable in well over 15 years. I only turn it on when I go to bed to provide background noise. It helps distract me from the ringing in my ears so I can go to sleep. I turn it on to Leno and set the timer for 90 minutes, then I'm out in 5.

Hell yea. I'll soon post abs shots! :rockon:

That's cool MB, I admire your perseverance.

I've started working out again in the new year here. I could use to drop 20. That would put me at 5'10" 180. Which is a very comfortable weight for me, I'm big boned to say the least.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It helps distract me from the ringing in my ears so I can go to sleep.

I run a fan to cover the outside sounds, but I've learned to use the ringing in my ears to lull me to sleep. It's amazing how loud it is. Oh well, things coild be worse.

What's the ringing from, too many years without earmuffs running the saws? I fear tinnitus. I think I'd go nuts.

WHAT?

I'm deaf as a post due to my flying. Even with double hearing protection, I'm deaf as hell due to the noise in the HH-65.

I think I'll take ringing over fingers being numb in bed, I hate that!

You could sleep like I did last night, Jay....with two hand/wrist braces and earplugs on. EXTRAORDINARILY loud snoring to my right last night as well as bad carpal tunnel problems lately.

I'll gladly take loud snoring over silence over there though. (thanks Dear Abby)

Back