Personal Trainer

Well?

• He's a RIPOFF!!!

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Awesome trainer!

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
At one time I was tending bar at a downtown pub. We'd occasionally sneak out back in the narrow alley to burn one. The alley/space between the two 4 story buildings was narrow enough to allow me to do the same thing you're doing, Gary. I freaked a couple people out once when I went up to the second story doing that. Whutta rush. I coulda easily made it to the roof, but thought better of it.

This looks interesting.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3UIs6yWUStU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3UIs6yWUStU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I freaked a couple people out once when I went up to the second story doing that. Whutta rush. I coulda easily made it to the roof, but thought better of it.

Discretion is the better part of valor...you were wise.

That looks like a great twisting ab exercise...good link.

Discretion is the better part of valor...you were wise.

Hell yea, I was drunk, high, and high! :|:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/k9QNyG0oBBU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/k9QNyG0oBBU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Well... a buddy of mine at work is doin' all the work to become a certified personal trainer. For one of his tasks he had to take a guinea pig (me) and do a risk assessment on them... and design a workout and nutrition regiment.

So I was game and he designed a workout for me to help strengthen my lower back and got me on some cardio... been goin' now about 2 weeks, and I can already tell the difference.

Now I'm gettin' all this stuff for free... but I did join a gym, and am starting regular workouts there... I'm diggin' the workouts again. Keepin' things slow for now... but I will start with some weight training soon.

Plus I really was slackin' in the foods I was eatin' again. nothin' but a bunch of shit. So I have been to a webiste that my buddy recommended... www.mypyramid.gov

It is a way to track your intake of food and also track your excercise level. It is a USDA website. It will flat out scare ya when you put in what you eat... turned my diet around in a hurry. I'll be back to lean and mean GASoline in short order...

Gary

That's cool, Gary. Keep it up!

Today I bumped my treadmill workout up a notch, and it was easy. I was running 1/2, and walking 1/2. NOW I'm running .30 and walking .20. The next bump will be me running .35 and walking . 15.

Sweet. Soon I'll be running it all like my nergo Deva! :rockon:

I am walkin' the whole deal right now at a pretty good clip... but am starting to make the treadmill incline more... Soon I'll be able to flatten that out and start joggin' a little...

This feels great mang! :)

Plus there are some hotties in the gym to look at too! ;)

Gary

Joined up to the local gym myself tonight... I think the trainers at gyms are crap. My mate does it professionally and really knows his stuff.
I think they can help with motivation for alot of folks.

Just so you knows, anyone who's getting paid to do it is doing it professionally.:D

And a more accurate thing to say would be the staff trainers at your gym are crap.;)

i've been wih edinmburgn leisure for a year now, most of the gym 'instructors' listen to what you say and give you more of the same. the personal trainers seem good but even those that work for edinburgh leisure seem reluctant to give any advice unless you cough up the cash....even when in their E.L. gear:X

Jamie

MB, I was telling Peter about the ab workout you do and asked him which was harder, your type or the type I do. He said by far, the one you do. Even harder than the leg kick ups I do. You go guy!

Don't forget, I'm doing them with my legs bent. Straight legs are HARD, and my goal.

i've been wih edinmburgn leisure for a year now, most of the gym 'instructors' listen to what you say and give you more of the same. the personal trainers seem good but even those that work for edinburgh leisure seem reluctant to give any advice unless you cough up the cash....even when in their E.L. gear:X

Jamie

A good trainer won't 'train' you for free. What did the Joker say? 'If you're good at something don't do it for free'.8)

My last day with Peter is Friday. I am on my own from here on out. We will do measurements and go over my plan. I can't thank him enough.

Good deal, Gigi. I wish I had the funds and dedication to make that big of a commitment to improving my health and physique. :)

Good luck, Gigi. We're counting on you to stick with it, and looking forward to an update of the cheerleader picture. :)

Back