Personal Trainer

Well?

• He's a RIPOFF!!!

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Awesome trainer!

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Snoring? Has he tried those breath right nasal strips? I've always wondered if those things work.

Wow Che, that's a bummer about your wrists. Do you know what the cause is? I get it after heavy saw use, but so far it isn't permanent.

Snoring, supposedly sleeping not on your back can help. They have clinics that specialize in sleeping disorders, if it is real troublesome. Apparently, a large part of the population does.

Mike had some dental surgery yesterday, so I didn't feel like I should apply the normal 'elbow fix'. He's always snored, but beer and a few too many pounds (related?!) make it worse it seems. I seriously doubt I could get him to wear those strips, Butch. You get used to it. Sometimes I do like you do with your tinnitus....set your mind to make it 'soothing'. Hard to explain.

Jay, I've had problems with Carpal Tunnel crap since I had my kids....common cause, I've heard. Some years/days worse than others. Sunday I put a few hours in cutting firewood (great fun, been a while) but worse.....I was repairing my dishwasher racks after having priced them at almost $100 each! I got the little plastic tips and vinyl type repair goop, the job involved quite a bit of filing/sanding. Probably should of used a file handle, duh. Lots of fine work which is very hard on bad hands.

I was told last year to wear my braces throughout the day...but I just find them way too annoying and restrictive....so I suffer, but not in silence. :P

Hormones, Butch. My feet are longer too, a whole shoe size....not quite as Flintstone-ish....I can wear a medium width now instead of wide. Screwed up my lower back too....women shouldn't do heavy lifting when they're big as a house (pg). Prior to being pregnant I didn't have ANY physical complaints that I can remember...procreation is hard work.

I always thought it was caused from constant, repetitive motions. Hormones? Wow, cool. Or uncool, as it seems...

The symptoms are because of the impinged (is that even a word?)...nerve that goes through the area called the carpal tunnel. This is because of the swelling of tissues due to inflammation caused by repetitive motion, and also because of the hormone changes in pregnant women. Or at least that's how I understand it.

WHY it would continue to be a problem for so many years, I don't have a clue. Who knows, maybe its now just cuz I'm an old fart and play on the computer too long.

My wife got carpal tunnel bad while she was pregnant but it went away for her shortly afterwards. Me on the otherhand I'm part of the shot hands group.:( Pain is the name of the game and vitamin I is the solution.:D

My legs are so sore from yesterday's work out. Like, I want a diet coke but can't decide if it is worth making my muscle's work to get up to get one.

Che, I had never heard of the hormone/carple connection.

I drink a can or so of Coke Zero most days, otherwise a few glasses of water or juice. I find if I do have a few too many drinks (of the alcoholic kind) my wife tells me I snore too overnight. If I dont have a brew it seems my snoring doesnt occur.

I dont believe her either way, if it doesnt wake me up, it isnt loud enough to be a worry. :D

Guys...have to report on my first training session.

I have never worked out like I did with a trainer. I sweated so much the next day I was down 2 pounds. The trainer recommended that I take a step aerobics class. The very next day I was in this class sweating like never before.

So first report, I would guess you could pass on a trainer if you were going to some sort of group class. I would still say that a trainer would be a good "temporary thing."

Jay,
Numbness in your hands and sore elbows at night can be back related. Untreated carpal tunnel syndrome is generally most painful at night, enough to keep you from sleeping.

I had bad numbness in my hands at night and tendinitis in my elbows after working 12 7's for month. I can be worse but three trips to a massage therapist did the trick. Still had tendinitis but the numbness went away completely.

OK, Gigi wanted to know how I did my leg raises. I do hanging leg raises, using those ropes. They make nice straps you can buy, but the rope works for me. I do them with my knees bent, but my goal is to eventually do them with my legs locked and horizontal. I increase my reps slowly and gradually, and I'm up to three sets of 50 reps every day.

The self-portrait treadmill shot is a freebie for the ladies... 8)

Attachments

• leg raise 010.jpg
    leg raise 010.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 1
  • leg raise 006.jpg
    leg raise 006.jpg
    739 KB · Views: 2
I still can't get a visual for the leg lifts? Do you hang straight up and lift your legs? Like put your arms through the ropes?

ab-straps2.jpg

http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to/video/how-to-do-hanging-leg-raises-properly-195126/

Ah, I do that, kinda, but like this. (don't know how I ended up at a gay site, but it shows how I do them) I find the hardest part of doing them like that is holding myself up, rather than the actual leg lift.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/chleWpBFCtg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/chleWpBFCtg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Kinda like this?

Attachments

• Bando005.JPG
    Bando005.JPG
    366.5 KB · Views: 21
  • Bando006.JPG
    Bando006.JPG
    359.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Bando007.JPG
    Bando007.JPG
    362.7 KB · Views: 22
Back