Personal Trainer

Well?

• He's a RIPOFF!!!

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Awesome trainer!

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters
Not to sound gay, but I think the lad is doing ok in the body building dept.

Personally, I don't have a need for it. I liked being more built at 5'10" and 175 but it was just eating a lot of protein to lift weights to eat to lift to grow....for what? Meh.

I like being for fit with a much better power to weight ratio at 160lbs.

Shoot, I have zero miles this week for the jogging thread and will certainly tip beers at lunch today.....

For us tree guys, endurance, power/weight ratio, and being fit far outweigh physical strength IMHO.

I've gone on a desserts ban since xmas and I dropped a couple of pounds. I was eating baking on my way to bed and waking up with sugar cookies stuck to the roof of my mouth. I love any and all sweets.

Gary, if anything could scare a guy into improving his shape it would definitely be man-boobs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't believe how hard I'm getting. I can actually tuck my shirt in now! I haven't been able to do that for years.

I can't believe how hard I'm getting. I can actually tuck my shirt in now! I haven't been able to do that for years.

Are you saying the shirt wouldn't stay tucked or that your gut was too prominent to be comfortable with a tuck? Either way good job on sticking with your routine. Consistency seems to be the only way to improve on anything.

Not for work, doing that collects sawdust. I strategically cut off the bottoms of my work shirts for that reason, plus it allows air circulation on those 98 degree days.

6'2" 180lbs. I'm the skinniest I've been in years. Bought a pair of jeans with 30" waist today. Getting a gym membership this week so I can start bulking up a bit. And yes, at least at first I will enlist the service of a personal trainer

That's an awesome weight, bro. If I can get to that I'll be all ripped spring steel.

nope i only walk that mile when it is to cold for the bike. the hills add to that mile. the most i ever do on a walk is 1.5 - for me it is the time and stride not the lenght.

getting the heart rate up for a substained amount of time.

It's better than nothing, but not by much. Your "substained amount of time" isn't enough, unless you're 70 years old.

Forgive me, I don't wanna sound like an ass.

I used to walk about a mile a day with my neighbor before she got crazy busy. Probably ten years while our kids were going through school. I thought it was 'nothing'...mostly doing it for her (and the adult HUMAN contact) as I felt I got plenty of exercise on the farm.

Now that I'm not doing it anymore, its benefits are all so clear. If nothing else, it gets your metabolism up, sets you up for a good day. I can still walk at a brisk pace up any of the hills around here....but will admit to feeling a bit winded at the end. When I was getting that DAILY aerobic exercise, that didn't happen.

One mile was good.

Back