On The Water

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
No fish, hence no pictures. It was a little to rough to troll off shore, so we sat on the reef and did not catch anything but grunts. We threw them back.

Ugh, we are not allowed to keep this fish, it is protected. John caught it today, only thing worth keeping and we couldn't. It is a Jewfish and belongs to the Grouper family.

Attachments

• DSCN4130.JPG
    DSCN4130.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCN4132.JPG
    DSCN4132.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 56
whoa! big fish! Couldnt you just keep him on the hook, drive the boat back to shore and tell the fish warden he followed you home :D

Too bad, that would have made some nice filets.

I know, it would have fed your whole family and some of the kids friends! The Jewfish has been protected a long time, so long alot of people think it is time to lift the restrictions.

My wife came home from Publix last night with about 3 pounds of "fresh perch filets". Having grown up on a lake, I was dubious. "But the kid at the store said its a delicious, delicate fish like tilapia." I said OK I'll try it, maybe I was just spoiled eating fresh rainbow trout for the first 25 years of my life. Unfortunately, my skepticism was justified. :barf: :thumbdown:

My wife came home from Publix last night with about 3 pounds of "fresh perch filets". Having grown up on a lake, I was dubious. "But the kid at the store said its a delicious, delicate fish like tilapia." I said OK I'll try it, maybe I was just spoiled eating fresh rainbow trout for the first 25 years of my life. Unfortunately, my skepticism was justified. :barf: :thumbdown:

:) Hey, her heart was in the right place, right? The only Rainbow Trout I have ever caught was at a place in NC, where you paid to fish from the shore. If I remember correctly, we used corn for bait, and did not keep the fish, just released them.
Perch, is that a local fish? I think it is, isn't it? I am pretty sure my mom loved catching that fish.

Oh, absolutely! She thought it would be a wonderful treat. But I had to be honest with her, (or she might serve it again someday). Its just too fishy flavored. If that makes sense.

We used to catch them all the time. They were frisky little buggers on the hook, but we never ate them.

I am aiming to get me some rainbows in a week or so when we take off to a lake for a four day weekend ;)

a little butter, a frying pan and a fork, thanks, thats all I need! :D

yikes! I shall be sure to cook em up good if I catch any! :)

If I dont make it back from the weekend I will be sure to will you my echo top handle saw Frans!
Its barely used!
:P

:D

Today is the start of Mini Lobster Season, a 2 day event that brings alot of folks down into the keys looking for lobster. I am going to get payroll in, then John and I are heading out to look for bugs, as we call them. It is going to be a zoo on the water!

tamales.jpg

:?:

Back