On The Water

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Frans, not that I know of, but I will go with Brian's idea of not giving an absolute no.

Gigi, in the Mosquito Lagoon/ IRL region the stingrays are quite common. They aren't aggressive but will sting you if you step on them. Therefore it is common for people wading in the shallow waters to do 'The Stingray Shuffle', dragging their feet through the sand in order to kick up any stingrays instead of stepping on them.

Puffers are harmless aren't they? A friend of mine just came back from Cabo and had underwater pics of him holding them while scuba diving. He said even the pointy ones weren't actually sharp.

Puffers are harmless aren't they?

When we first moved here, we lived right on the Gulf of Mexico and were in the water snorkeling almost every day. There was a pair of puffer fish that hung out around our dock, very cool fish. They seemed to be mates. Puffer's only display the thorns when threatened, kind of like us humans. :D

Gig, as far as I know John Pennecamp is the only underwater State Park, no ?
I sure do wonder why they don't have underwater State / National Parks in the Keys ? Or are there ???
Unbeatable snorkelling.

I sure do wonder why they don't have underwater State / National Parks in the Keys ? Or are there ???
Unbeatable snorkelling.

Every time I have gone to the Hawaiian islands, the 'main' areas for snorkeling have been thrashed by the ignorant uncaring tourists.

I have developed the mindset of working with the local folks, getting to know them, and then I get to see the better untouched places.
I try to do this wherever I go.

Bonaire N.A., unbeatable snorkling/diving. They have had marine preservation laws since the 60's and it shows. The Keys are good but that whole coral bleaching thingy has taken its toll.

Expand on that ? I am unfamiliar ?

Unbeatable snorkelling.
TC, John Pennecamp is in the keys, Key Largo. There is an underwater park in St. John, US Virgin Island also.

West Coast of Florida! :lol: :lol: Sorry, I should have stated that! Ft.Myers area, actually all along that coast has sandbars close to shore and it is a good idea to do the stingray shuffle. Great way to find sandollars also!

We took the kids on vacation to Tampa & there were stingrays everywhere in the water. It wasn't a problem. They really do their best to avoid people. Yeah, shuffling is a good idea !

massive! do they not taste good? i cant figure out why he isnt filling freezers

Back