On The Water

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
From the reports we are hearing down here, it was the impact of her falling on the hard surface of the boat that killed her, not the barb of the stingray.

Messed up way to go..

A co-worker just returned from a trip to FLA. He was fishing with some friends in kayaks. One of them said to him "Hey Jon, theres a dolphin right behind you!" well it wasn't a dolphin, it was an 8ft bull shark after his stringer!:\:

We got out today, and did see dolphins. John and Jeff snorkeled for a long time, looking to shoot some fish. No luck though. Water temp was 74 on the reef, still too cold for me!

Attachments

• PICT0111.JPG
    PICT0111.JPG
    97.8 KB · Views: 68
We got out today, and did see dolphins. John and Jeff snorkeled for a long time, looking to shoot some fish. No luck though. Water temp was 74 on the reef, still too cold for me!

Just dreamy for me !!! Glad you had a good time, Gigi ! I lived in Homestead (before "Andrew") on a freshwater lake & did some really nice spear fishing there. Otherwise, we took our li'l fishin' boat out on the bay in the evenings & caught mangoes for dinner !!!

I've never saw water so clear in my life yet....some day.

You have clear water by you. You just don't have the white sand to make a light background. Off a dock at Portland ME I've seen down 20' plus & in Halifax NS I've seen a big light colored starfish down about 25' plus again. Crystal clear water up there...Rick

Just dreamy for me !!! Glad you had a good time, Gigi ! I lived in Homestead (before "Andrew") on a freshwater lake & did some really nice spear fishing there. Otherwise, we took our li'l fishin' boat out on the bay in the evenings & caught mangoes for dinner !!!

:lol: Silly gurl, you picked the mangoes and caught mangroves, snapper that is! There are a lot of mango fields in Homestead, shoot all over Dade County.

You have clear water by you. You just don't have the white sand to make a light background. Off a dock at Portland ME I've seen down 20' plus & in Halifax NS I've seen a big light colored starfish down about 25' plus again. Crystal clear water up there...Rick

Rick, we do have the white sand, the lighter patches of green is where the sand is and the darker areas are the reef. :) Way in the back ground, you can see Sombrero Beach.

BUT has a much greater variety of sea life than any tropical area!

I know that cold water for makes for a productive fishing grounds but I'm just saying that "our" ocean isn't all that people friendly IIMO. I love listening to, and watching the surf, espically if it is big. Other than that I'm kind of a big ocean sissy.

I know that cold water for makes for a productive fishing grounds but I'm just saying that "our" ocean isn't all that people friendly IIMO. I love listening to, and watching the surf, espically if it is big. Other than that I'm kind of a big ocean sissy.

I am very carefull! the north coast can be or is a killer...

I am very carefull! the north coast can be or is a killer...

No surfing here. Here is a picture of a boat I used to own. It was a 19 1/2 ft. Malibu Skier I think it was a 1995 or so. 350 chevy motor, would pull up 6 skiers.

Attachments

• kids 005 (Small).jpg
    kids 005 (Small).jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 66
  • kids 006 (Small).jpg
    kids 006 (Small).jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 66
My Marine biology scientist friend told me.

Check it out, tell me if he is correct.

As he told me, the variety of plant and sea life is greater in colder waters than in tropical waters

--Just talked to my friend and he corrected me.

He said colder water has LESS variety but MORE of it
Tropical waters have MORE variety but less of it

Last edited:
Interesting, I am no marine biologist, so I appreciate the information. Thanks Frans.

Back