Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
IVMAA(vegetation management) via Olds College Paul. I wish I had time to spy on Craig and his boys for a day and then head to British Columbia where you could show me all the sights. Sadly, it'll be a cannonball run and I'll be highballing it back to Manitoba hoping my daughter hasn't changed too much in 3 days.

Well I made it back. Left Olds Saturday morning, made some good time until Medicine Hat and then the roads turned to hell (ICY). From the Hat to Swift Current was white knuckle all the way. All in all a thirteen hour trip both ways and it's nice to be home. Deerfoot Trail (not shown) was the most nerve wracking highway I've ever been on. Road conditions were good but the drivers are insane. Everybody doing at least 130kmh, bumper to bumper and talking on cell phones.:\: I was born in Calgary but I'm a Manitoba boy all the way.

the deerfoot, too fun, did it this summer for a bit whilest in cowtown, indeed, look out for the locals, they FLY that road. :) good to hear you are back, how was the course(s)?

Needed a 75% to pass. I might've got 80%. Seen some gory pictures of electrical burns. Something that doesn't look too bad on day one ends up rotting from the inside out and usually results in amputation. Made me wonder what the hell I'm doing in this line of work.

I appreciate the warm welcome back, ladies.

Always good to get back home, oooooh I hate wires, Ive seen some of those electrical injury pics. No good!
Tree guys who work around wires all day long have extra large balls

I fly to LA tomorrow, big landscraper show. Hopefully someone will buy a grapple

Something that doesn't look too bad on day one ends up rotting from the inside out and usually results in amputation.

Excellent point, Ryan. What stood out for me the most in EHAP was the case where a guy didn't seek medical treatment after a shock, and the "cooking" from the inside out continued until he was dead.
ALWAYS GET CHECKED OUT AFTER A SHOCK, EVEN IF YOU THINK IT WASN'T SERIOUS !!!

There were also pictures showing the effects of wearing synthetic material next to your skin while on fire. Cotton underwear left buddy virtually unscathed in that sensitive area while the rest of him was burnt to heck when a transformer spewed flaming oil on him. We are required to wear FResistantC to aid against flash fires as an outer layer but if there was a steady source of flame I would be toast once my coveralls burnt through.

Whatever happened to Craig? He seems to have dissappeared after getting back home from vacation. We never even got pictures. :(

I finally got a reply email from Craig. He's been swamped with work, hiring and training a new secretary, replacing the blown motor in his 2002 Dodge (I told him Fords were better!), working on government/ municipal contracts, touring the Ram Rod factory, etc. etc. etc. He promises to return soon.
8)

Talked to him the other day. Busy as hell and sounding a little worse for wear. Oh and TC he's only the second best looking arborist in Alberta

Well, seen as this is the official I'm outta here thread, I'm here to tell you - I'm outta here!
Going skiing for a week to serre chevalier in the french alps.
Catch ya later...

Devon, FWIW mes ami is a plural reference, so if you are referring to Ed and other folks its all cool, if you are referring to Ed, then it should be mon ami, which is singular and male. I think. its been about 17 years or so since higschool francais for me.

Back