Official I Am Outta Here Thread!

• Thread starter Rborist1
  • Start date
  • Replies 2K
  • Views 111K
Awesome freaking stories, Squish. I dug reading those, glad you shared. Were the 2 crazy surfers loggers when they weren't surfing? What kinda work did they do in the S hemisphere in winter?

One guy only was the Southern Hemisphere goer and no he just saved enough in the winter up here to surf full time down there. Heron was born and raised Tofino, a giant of a man. Huge hands. Real friendly, and real unfriendly and straight up if you were acting a fool or offending him. A cool guy. I bought my first and only real surfboard off of him and somehow at the time it ended up being a cheque that bounced, only time I've ever done it I'm pretty sure. I felt like a royal putz for screwing up, a million and one excuses always right? But when we came back from days off he tore a strip right off of me so I've seen his anger directed first hand. I heard a handful of years after I left the coast that he was killed in the woods.

Ha. I don't know about a books worth but I enjoyed working on our,coast. Regs awesome trip pics were drumming up some good memories though. Good times.

You ought to think about it, Justin...the book thing I mean. It's becoming a part of our history that's getting dim in memory and shouldn't be lost. If nothing else, make some audio recordings of your memories of those times now, you never know what might prove rare historic in future.

Fantastic pictures!

Living inland now, sometimes I don't realize how much I miss the sea until I get back down on the sea...

You ought to think about it, Justin...the book thing I mean. It's becoming a part of our history that's getting dim in memory and shouldn't be lost. If nothing else, make some audio recordings of your memories of those times now, you never know what might prove rare historic in future.

I agree. Thanks for adding your stories Justin. I've only been a member a couple years but in that time I've never read anything of yours which had even a hint of Bullshit or exageration to it. You are credit to the community here :thumbup:

Thanks for the kudos people. I don't know if I'd have a book worth of stories and I feel like I've forgotten as many adventures as I can recall. Unfortunately I've never been much for recording things or taking any kind of photos. The treehouse pic archives is where I have to turn to to find most any old pics of mine. Either that or actual photos, like a stack I just ran across in my shop yesterday that my uncle had given me. Real film photos though,no digital. No that they're that old but to this day my uncle only takes pictures with a film camera, even though now his only option for having them processed is by mailing them off.

Your trip and pics really got me to reminiscing Reg. Thanks for that.

I agree. Thanks for adding your stories Justin. I've only been a member a couple years but in that time I've never read anything of yours which had even a hint of Bullshit or exageration to it. You are credit to the community here :thumbup:

:thumbup::thumbup:

Ha! To late, already has. It's a pleasure hanging out with y'all in The House.

This thread has got me jonesin for some travelling though. I think I need to make some plans to get down to the ocean again with my daughter before she's all grown up.

Back