OAR hybrid

Porkbrick

TreeHouser
Gordon, aka Surveyor, has been kind enough to let me tinker with his OAR design. this is what i came up with.
ps.. i totally didn't think about the case on my phone muffling the audio:|:, so enjoy the relaxing sounds of spring intead:D.
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8mnF2Uuv5_c?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Having zero experience with, or any knowledge of—either this or the Rope Runner, I would gravitate toward the smaller more streamlined devise.

Gordon, aka Surveyor, has been kind enough to let me tinker with his OAR design. this is what i came up with...

That looks very nice! Are there any others out there like that or is it a one off?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i have four of them right now, and parts for a few more. there is still a lot of testing to be done to get the functionality i want out of them.

i agree about the streamlining. the rope runner looks sweet. im not a fan of the slic pins though, loose parts to drop.

i have four of them right now, and parts for a few more. there is still a lot of testing to be done to get the functionality i want out of them.

i agree about the streamlining. the rope runner looks sweet. im not a fan of the slic pins though, loose parts to drop.

I want one!

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

ok, from now on i will be posting any discussion on the hybrid oar here. less confusion. here are the pics of the device currently making the rounds. i failed to get a pic of the improved attachment point, hopefully i will get it tomorrow.
IMG_0680.jpg IMG_0679.jpg

Thanks for redirecting to this thread.

My child care provider is sick, so no climbing for me tomorrow. Only playing with it on a rope so far. Very promising.

Is there a clip in point for an over the shoulder/ neck look clip-in? The bronze looking bushing part which is not visible in the above picture, looks like it would accommodate a piece of throw line tied into a loop???

that is where i have been clipping my shoulder lanyard. my keychain biner just fits over the bushing. i also thought of putting a split ring there, im just nervous that a more obvious point would be mistaken for life support when using it drt.

I like the idea of key biner. The split ring as a clip-in that stays in place when not in use, could get fouled up somehow, same as a throwline loop.

Back