#BonnerDoubleBag

Hahaa! My brain read the title as 'double throwbag' and I was all like WTH?

Thoughtful looking piece of kit!

Nice, Nick, I'm familiar with rope tarps for rock climbing ropes. When you fold the up, they unfold with no tangles. Easy Peasy.

I do wonder if you need to re-flake/ stake the throw line for 200-250' throw lines used with the APTA, or if the line will deploy upon initial unfolding?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Its like anything Sean. It definitely isnt perfect. I feel like rolling it tightly is way more proactive, and effective, than just storing it in a cube/bucket/around a stick. It just slides around in a cube.

Thanks, Nick.

I definitely understand that everything like this is someone's invention, and not flawless.

Often, its the fine points, like don't tip an open cube to the side, or roll the tarp tightly, that make the difference.

A weak point of cubes always seems to be the ends of the poles blowing out the fabric, avoided by this design.

How about a clip-in point? I have two Stein cubes, one before and one after the clip-in loop was added. A really good feature.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ihd-3zE2mT4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice work Nick!

Meh , bought the tarp , light duty junk ... The Cube as well. Simple 5 Gallon pail to flake into and store / transport. Add a clip on handle for weight , good to go.

Meh , bought the tarp , light duty junk ... The Cube as well. Simple 5 Gallon pail to flake into and store / transport. Add a clip on handle for weight , good to go.

A five gallon pail is way to big to pack around for throw line. I always used a much smaller pail, like 2-3g.

Looks like a good product to me.

But I must say that folding cube works fine in my opinion, so long as you fold it up snug every time after flaking your throw line in. No mixing around then, generally.

Back