New Years Eve

vharrison

Island Girl
Anyone have any fun plans? We are just old farts, probably watch the ball come down, then off to bed. I racked my brain yesterday to come up with something creative but nothing has panned out.

Gotta work all day Monday, going over to play guitars at a buddys place in the evening. Then out to my brothers for new years day. Going to have black eyed peas and corn bread.
See Ya
Mike

Yes em, I refuse to start the new year without them. Besides I really like em. Grandma told us the same thing as kids, "eat your peas, they'll bring ya good luck". As far back as I can recall I can only think of 2 times I didn't have em. Both of those times I was on deployment. I'm sure there are other times but I don't recall. Happy New Year to ya'll and eat your peas!
See Ya
Mike

I'm suppose to have a shooters get together down in Pascagoula, doing some 600 and 1k yard shooting. There is an 80% chance of rain, dunno if that will keep it from happening or not, guess it depends on the hardness of our core.

Otherwise, I have no plans.

Nothing planned here. New Years eve is amature night ,too many crazies behind the wheel.

New Years day will be the traditional pork and kraut. It's been said if you do something productive on New Years day that you will have a very profitable year not only finacially but all around. Well I'm going to get with it because this year was any thing but good.In other words I plan on changing my luck.:)

New Years eve is amature night ,too many crazies behind the wheel.

The forecast here isn't looking too good party wise which.......is ok. I am sure 2008 will have enough opportunities to tie one on sans amatures ;)

With any luck, the chillo plan will work and on New Year's Day I can take my snowboard out for a spin in Austria whilst I am here.

I wish all the THer's a nifty new year!

Love,

Nate :P

Mrs Smith and myself used to find those motel lounges that offered a package over New Years.You get the room plus a mid night brunch thing.

It was a good deal,party hearty and don't become a statistic nor contribute to the coffers of some attorneys clientle list .MAAD and the Ohio state patrol took the fun out of bar hopping.In my case it was a good thing.Seems funny,I don't miss it at all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Mrs Smith and myself used to find those motel lounges that offered a package over New Years.You get the room plus a mid night brunch thing.

It was a good deal,party hearty and don't become a statistic nor contribute to the coffers of some attorneys clientle list .MAAD and the Ohio state patrol took the fun out of bar hopping.In my case it was a good thing.Seems funny,I don't miss it at all.

Al, I looked into staying on one of the other islands, checked Key West and Islamorada. Key West for the most part required a three night stay at 3-4 hundred a night. Islamorada was running around 2-3 hundred a night. Like I said, nothing is panning out for New Years Eve on that front anyway.

Yesterday, I checked into dinner reservations all over the islands. I found most places wanted 80-200 dollars a person. NO, I am not that hungry!! :O

I think we will end up on our boat, on a Sunset Cruise with dinner brought from home. Weather permitting! :thumbup:

That sounds incredible Gigi. We haven't went out for 15 years. Back then we started a tradition of having all the neighborhood kids over at our house for a sleepover, but they are all in their 20's now. A few times I would take the boys out back and we had a campfire, ate MREs, camoed up and tried to sneak up on some nesting barn owls. They heard us coming as soon as we left. Good times.

Key West for the most part required a three night stay at 3-4 hundred a night.

Yesterday, I checked into dinner reservations all over the islands. I found most places wanted 80-200 dollars a person. NO, I am not that hungry!! :O
Good heavens ! Did you tell them you only wanted to stay a bit not buy the place ?

If I can manage it,I had planned on taking the big silver bird to Fla. maybe in late Feb. I'll never fly into Orlando again ,this time Sanford. This old country boy doesn't handle big crowds too well and besides you need a translator to do business in that danged airport,geeze.So much for that unpleasentry.

If that's what those people get in "Conchsville" I don't think I'll mossey down to the Keys. I'll check out Keywest and Marathon as they are only about 50 miles apart.

Holler when you plan on flying into Sanford, Al. I'd be happy to meet you there, I'm only a few miles away. In fact one of my best friends lives right there off of Airport Blvd.

Will do.My wife has a cousin near Sanford .

We have friends in Ocalla ,Deltona,Daytona,family in Royal Palm,Sebring,Frost Proof.

The last time it wasn't to bad.I drove from Royal Palm to Frost Proof in about 6 hours.I wanted to show my wife the cane fields around Ochechobe but it got too dark to see anything.Maybe this time. I had rented a Lincoln LS,dang that was a nice car.

Actually Florida is not too bad to travel,doesn't take anything to go from one side to the other. Lengthwise you have I-95 on one side and I-75 on the other.

My Sis goes for black eyed peas for New Year's ... I go along for the ride. I favor legumes in any event.
We're babysitting for New Year's, and that suit me fine. Let the youngsters go out & see that it's a bunch of hyped-up crap !

I'll be at Seattle-Tacoma International airport picking up my girlfriend and her mom from their flights... They come in at 11:30pm...

So I will prolly be standing in baggage claim when the new year hits.

Ho-hum...

Gary

Back