My new 390 XP-G and friends.

Grendel

TreeHouser
Just some quick pictures of my new weapon. I've never owned a brand new (big) saw before, and I'm pretty happy camper right now. :)

Got it from a great local shop for about $1100. She threw in 3 jugs of Husky pre-mix, a couple files, a free loop of chain, hat, and some other swag. Talking to the mechanic, he said he loves these saws, and promised it will do everything I want it to. I did all my research, and seriously looked at the Stihl offerings. We run Stihl at work, and I'm a big 044/440 fan, however after two years clearing trails with a certain 353 e-tech, I secretly became a Husky guy. . . Anyways, I don't really have any questions, but I'd love to hear of anyones experiences with this saw, good or bad (hopefully good 8) ).

Also included a multi-cultural family photo of my personal saws. Not much, but they all run great.

Have a great weekend guys! be safe, have fun.

DSC03412.JPG DSC03417.JPG

I have a 395, not sure how it correlates to your saw, but the 395 is a dependable, easy to use, beast.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
ha, tonight, I'm just going to leave it in the house and admire it. Tomorrow it's getting used.

I'm trying not to be envious. . My next new saw will be a 390 with heated handles. . I Really like my 390 W that I got this spring and it is the next saw that will be going to Tennessee to get hopped up.

Thanks CL. It's going to be a long slow life for this saw. I've only put two tanks through it since I got it. It rips though. I bolted some bigger dogs to it to keep the muffler out of the shaggy maples around here. Get one, you'll like it 8)

They are pretty awesome. This is mine. With semi skip chisel ground Stihl chain and 8 tooth sprocket it pulls a 36" bar 34" of cut. With good authority. .

I'm scratching my head to come up with a viable clutch side wrap handle. . I think I can use a plate in place of the out board dogand weld a T to it then bend a piece of 3/4steel pipe and weld it to the T. . I've done lots of falling with just the inside dog. Gotta have a wrap of some kind and want the heater. Could you post a pic of where the heater wires attach to the handle. .

DSC03436.JPG DSC03437.JPG DSC03443.JPG

A buddy of mine in interior AK said he's used his down below -30, and when he set the saw down his gloves would be steaming and his hands toasty warm.

fwiw

I am looking into a 32" bar. Probably end up with one of those Oregon lightweight's. Looks good on your saw! 8)

Yes, and they are suprisingly strong. That bar on my saw is broken. . Had a spruce blow down slam it in a cut. 4 days before I fell the tree in the pic. The dirty looking spot on thebar about 6" in front of the powerheadis broke, cracked. And it cuts straight. I've burned around 7 gal of saw gas with that bar since it broke. The bar didn't break from fragility, that was one of the harder hangups I've had in 20 years.

I'm scratching my head to come up with a viable clutch side wrap handle. .

Got a heated wrap on mine. Only the starter side is heated, but it is a full Husky wrap.
Husky part#
503 98 67-72 Handle
537 03 73-01 Brace

Or buy the saw out of Canada they get a G model wrap from the factory.

Back