My New 23GT and trailer

• Thread starter Koa Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 232
  • Views 22K
K

Koa Man

Lenny at Extreme Access Solutions sent me pictures of my lift and the custom trailer, which arrived at their location yesterday. These pictures are at their yard in Woburn MA. The trailer is 18 inches narrower than the one they usually sell. Mine is 6.5 ft. wide overall with a bed width of 59.5 inches. Max. track width of the lift is 56" so that should be enough.

The lift has the optional 20hp Kubota and larger hyd. motors, power adjustable tracks, auto leveling for the outriggers and the heavier steel tree protection package.

Now the wait to get that thing over here. Shipping will be "approximately" 30 days, according to the shipping company and hopefully the container will be able to leave their yard by next Monday.

The lift looks kind of plain because I took the no decal option. I will have my company name put on it along with some cool line like "We get high daily" or "We get it up every day". My wife vetoed the 2nd one.

Attachments

• IMG_0838.JPG
    IMG_0838.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0843.JPG
    IMG_0843.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0844.JPG
    IMG_0844.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_0851.JPG
    IMG_0851.JPG
    57.5 KB · Views: 266
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sweet! Its outriggers can go over the side of the trailer so you can work without unloading it.

Never thought of that. It would be good doing that when working parking lots or other jobs with lots of room, since the travel speed of the lift is very slow.

Very nice. What does something like that cost? (the lift)

The standard lift is $135,762
options on my lift are:
Automatic Outrigger Leveling $2456
Hydraulically Adjustable Tracks $6250
Electric hydraulic motor $4680
Forestry package (20hp instead of 17, more steel protection) $3850
Custom trailer $8650
Shipping from MA to HI $9825
Shipping cargo insurance $798

I am receiving a discount because this is the 2nd machine I am buying, but I am not at liberty to say how much the discount was.

What is the working height on that machine, and can you work near power wires??

It is rated at 76 ft. working height and it is not a machine to work near power lines, although I have worked as close as 2 ft. away from a 46KV line with my present machine, a 15GT. If the power company saw me doing that, they would shut down the job. I would not hesitate to work close to power lines with it. I would just have to make sure I don't touch the lines with it. Like everything else in this business, you need to be very careful.

That machine is really nice , I have only seen two around here and have never operated on myself , what is the set up time , like in someones back yard?

That's a beautiful thing man! :cry:

Do you have any pics of the tree protection package, I couldn't tell what it is from the pics you posted? Is it just prtecting the hydraulic lines and such?

Set up time for my 15GT, once it is at the work area, is under 2 min. and I have to set each outrigger level (hydraulically). Don't know about the 23GT (I don't have it in Hawaii yet), but it should be faster since I have a bigger pump and with the auto leveling, I would just have to press one button and the machine will self level. Dave DTW902, will be better able to tell you. since he has had his machine a little over 2 years now.

As far as the tree protection package, I don't know anything about it either. It is part of the Forestry package which has the bigger diesel engine and hyd. motors for better climbing ability and faster boom operation.

Mr. Sir,
How is your 15GT working out for you? I never thought I would buy a 23GT but when I got 3 hotel contracts, I had to. I don't want to be climbing a few hundred palms in the 40-80 ft. height range every 3 months. I was going to buy a 75 ft. bucket truck, but it would have been able to access only 25% of the palms. The 23GT should be able to get to 80%. There will still be a few I need to climb due to their location. Better to be climbing less than 30 instead of more than 400.

Only for high end hotels and a couple of my residential accounts. Most of my higher end residentials are every 4 months. Average residential account is every 5 or 6 months. Those who wait more than 6 months get charged much higher.

I charge $50-60 a palm on residential accounts if maintained.

Yes they can be very lucrative, especially if you don't have to climb them. Most guys hate to do palms because it is very tiring to climb them. I have a total of 507 palms on the hotel contracts at $59 each. I got done in March on one hotel and I go back in June, Sep, and Dec. The other 2 I will go in May, Aug, Nov and Feb.

I need to get a few hotel contracts... dang! The lift looks gorgeous, I can't wait to see it in action soon.

I'm loving my 15GT! :D I'm still getting used to it, since it's so much different from my bucket truck as far as maneuverability and the operation of the booms. I just bought a new camera, so I hope to have some working pics soon.

Back