My New 23GT and trailer

• Thread starter Koa Man
  • Start date
  • Replies 232
  • Views 22K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For one year. Any bugs should be worked out by then.

Yes, they did. They even replaced all the hyd. lines even though they weren't leaking and changed a few other parts as well. The tech said his boss was not happy about having to send somebody to Hawaii and told him to "change everything." He did not want to send somebody again. They also replaced the electric motor with a much bigger one.

Well, the controls on my 23GT stopped working just before the last coco got trimmed on Thursday afternoon. Ended up climbing it. Called Lenny and tried to troubleshoot the problem over the phone with Dieter (Teupen factory head from Germany) who just happened to be an a restaurant with Lenny in MA when I called. He told me he will send a tech right away. Tech arrives in Hawaii tomorrow afternoon at 4PM and will be working on my machine Tuesday morning. How is that for customer service?

Funny thing is the same thing happened to my 15GT when I first got it. Tech came from the factory in Hungary and ever since he repaired it in May 2007, I haven't had a single problem with it.

I did get the 23GT loaded on the trailer using the emergency controls, which by passes the computer and electrical safety switches.

Wesley did they get your problems ironed out on you 23GT? If so what went wrong?

I placed the call on a Thursday afternoon. The following Monday at 1530 the tech was in Honolulu. The 23GT got fixed Tuesday morning. A micro switch was bad. Simple change if you know how to test it and find out which one is no good.

Did you learn how to do the test so you don't have to fly a tech in after warrentee?

Yes, you just use a multimeter and check the voltage. It should have 12V coming in and 24V out. Since it was under warranty I wasn't going to spend my time checking everything out. If it was out of warranty I would since the cost to fly a tech in, rooming, and their time would be prohibitive. They aren't super complicated machines. A good electronic shop would be able to work on them, especially since they come with a very complete schematic diagram. I get kind of lost looking at those things.

Back