My Garden

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
There you go Nick. No excuses now. Don't even have to pay for it all at once. Butch, did you try that excuse "I was just doing a little gardening and, voilà there they were, big as day. What are they anyway"?

Tried engineering a gravity fed system this year for our garden just for the heck of it. See if I can save on some electrical as we have to pump the water to get pressure. Eliminate one pump ie: have to pump from well then pressure pump. Works good so far. Eliminated the emitters also by simply making small holes with a thumb tack first every 18-24 inches, then every foot. I regulate pressure to each zone by valve on the poly. All fed by recycling 1" well pipe that was pulled from the well last year and replaces (threaded 1" PVC Sched 80). All that was wrong with the pipe BTW was it was pulled of being restricted by iron and magnesium deposits. Let it dry out for a season and bang pipe, all of it came out.. HEHEHE. Fill the 3000 gallon tank at night (off peak) and run system during day as needed. Also as we all make wood chips with what we do, added those over the poly to help hold in moisture. Got a load of horse manure the other day in trade (and have some back hoe time comming too) for dropping some trees. Garden doin good, already made a saute with squash and peppers , japanese eggplant and such. Some fresh greens (beet, turnup, kale etc) for a nice salad. Yellow pear tomatoes. Yummy. We still planting :) Staggering some crops.
Note: Poly came from a vineyard removal I did last year... Heck it was just going to the dump anyway. :)

Last edited:
heres tonites haul.

yellow peppers, cucumbers, a couple okra, red bell peppers, a lemon cucumber, habenero peppers, red jalepenos, bunch of grape tomatos, some reds, a yellow, 2 pink (in the back), and some black krims.

pic #2 is the difference in color of a traditional red and a black krim. The mrs says there is a taste difference. I wouldnt know, i dont eat them.

Attachments

• 100_0107.jpg
    100_0107.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_0109.jpg
    100_0109.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 21
Back