My Apology Tree Housers

• Thread starter Jamin Mayer
  • Start date
  • Replies 117
  • Views 15K
J

Jamin Mayer

As some may know, I frequent Tree Buzz often. I haven't been over here in a long time. So, I'm touching base with you all to say I'm sorry for some comments I made in the "Bring Back the Blaster" thread. (Which was deleted by a moderator because it was escalating to something really big).

I made comments that could very easily be seen as "blanket statments". I could understand how a person could have been offended by what I said. I assure all who read this, that was not the case. My motives weren't to offend anyone. I made a mistake.

Events that lead up to my comment: I think Tree Buzz offers a lot. Just like the people who attend and comment, T.B. is not perfect. No forum or 100% of it's members are. It is discouraging when someone tries to take down Tree Buzz repeatedly. I think what lead up to my off the cuff comments were built up issues.

I enjoyed the high caliper talent and the awesome comeradery from the Tree House. I stopped lurking here a few year back for various reasons. Some were because I was checking out 3 or 4 different forums nightly and I needed to cut back. (Family time). And some reasons were I was feeling a different vibe when comparing the "open" forums versus the "hidden" forums here at the Tree House.

What I really appreciated was one brave gentleman (whom I'll keep anonymous, unless he wants to say something) who told me that I was out of line. (A Tree House member). And he wanted to know why I said what I did. I honor and respect one-on-one confrontation. He did it well and we were to able to make an understanding of things. Since he came to me and told me I was in error, I was able to think and act on it. If he didn't have the courage to confront me in a respectful way, I'd be clueless of my offence.

What he alluded to was the idea of us tree guys sort of getting through some rough times to hopefully carry on mutual respect between forums. Again, I didn't think of it that way until he said something.

I have a feeling if we tree guys all were together chatting (putting down a pint or two), or working together, we'd have a ton of mutual respect for eachother. It is easy to get upset with words that are merely typed in text. I'm not proposing a jamboree of tree forums getting together to do just that, but I'm suggesting open and honest communication. (Like on of the Tree House members had with me).

I don't know if me bringing this up is like tearing off a bandaid slowly, or what. So, I'm sticking my neck out there and saying I'm sorry for the disrespect I portrayed.

--Jamin Mayer

:thumbup:

i lurk at the tree buzz more than i post, but ive been doing it for a while. i always got the impression that you were a stand up guy with a lot of valuable knowledge to share. that is what these forums should really be about, sharing knowledge, learning from others experiences, and forming a community of support and camaraderie. i hope you continue to post here. Jaime (Jmerritt on the buzz)

There are a lot of good people on many forums .However in case you haven't figured it out allready there are also a few vindictive and nasty bastards too .Those kind have an agenda and will tell untold lies with bogus information with the only thing in mind is to discredit an entire group .

The Buzz has some good people and so does AS but at the same time there is that other factor so keep that in mind .

We're a bunch of lying, back-stabbing assholes. No need to apologize; you're entitled to your opinion.

What Willie said. I always thought you were a cool guy and enjoyed your posts. I understand cutting back on computer time and hanging with your family.

Good to have you participating, Jamin. If one has to get worked up about something, sure are a lot more important matters that can cause it. Casual rules!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks for the understanding guys & gals (if they are lurking too). It looks pretty nicely formatted over here too. Nice job Butch.

Yah, that...a stand-up kind of thing to do. It is good someone cared enough to help you find a different way to look at things.

Glad to read you again.

Jamin, thanks for posting here about what was said over on the Buzz. My whole reason for starting the thread there was not to stir up the shit with all the members there, as anyone who knows me knows that that that isn't my style.

I just wanted to know the reasons that led to Butch's banning and if it was possible to bring him back. I wanted to get the members opinions on the subject. You and I both know that there are more deserving members there that should be banned based on the things that have been said.

Good post Jamin, and everyone else,

wish I had more time and could type faster.
then I would hang out here more (damm lurkers)

This site always has given me the best vibe

Back