"Mrs. B"

I know the Petaluma area well. Old high school rivals. I went to high school in Tomales; born and raised in Bodega Bay

Hi there Terry! Welcome to the TreeHouse. I am from Bodega Bay as well! Grew up surfing salmon creek, worked at the Surf Shack for Bob for years (my avatar pic is actually taken from bay hill rd. looking towards salmon creek). Cool to meet another bodega bay local, where d'ya live...? the town isn't that big :lol:

jp:D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, that is definitely one of the problems with high end woodwork, the time it takes to do it, and what amount you need to get compensated as a result. It's not like after so many years you can just whip it out. Instead, most guys find deeper levels to pursue, so your pretty much back where you started with regard to the time factor. Without that way of pursuing it, the work looses the challenge. It's often easier to make it than to sell it. There is a good market in the states for it though.

Don't cut yourself short on your chainsaw as your tool of choice. I've seen your holding wood hinges after the tree is down, and they are a work of art.

I still cannot cypher how someone messes up the "quote" function, and then I can't figure out why they don't edit/fix it.

Hey ... is that moi yer talkin bout? The compooter is new to me , I still have a dial phone! ...My IT girl is not around , well there's the excuse for my ignoramases

I get that at times, the lost bracket, when deleting a portion of the quoted post, but I have indeed figured the edit button. :)

Hi there Terry! Welcome to the TreeHouse. I am from Bodega Bay as well! Grew up surfing salmon creek, worked at the Surf Shack for Bob for years (my avatar pic is actually taken from bay hill rd. looking towards salmon creek). Cool to meet another bodega bay local, where d'ya live...? the town isn't that big :lol:

jp:D

Hi Treesandsurf. Thanks for the welcome! I left Bodega Bay about 10 years before you were born and moved to Fort Bragg. If you knew of the Carpenter family of fishermen then you knew my family.

Mrs. B...do you still get a lot of fog up in Ft. Bragg? I remember there as one foggy place.

Lots of fog. Especially in the summer when it's hot inland. This is usually our nice time of year but it's been feeling alot like fall. They say we may get some rain tomorrow. We'll see.

Got to get a lot of rain and fog to keep those trees happy up there, I guess. Was there a salmon catch this year? It must still be going on. I used to fish a lot for salmon out of Bodega bay. ....caught mucho fish.

Terri went to work, Jay.

As far as the salmon fishing goes there was a closure this year in the ocean due to the predicted low returns on the Klamath River. Both sport and commercial salmon fishing was non existent.

Funny though, the return salmon run on the Klamath is so large that Fish and Game lifted the limits from two fish to six per person per day. If you were there right now, I mean right now, you'd be catching King Salmon til you arms fall off.

Those Fish and Game bureaucrats couldn't see fish if they were swimming in them.

I spend most of my time writing and making videos. For me it's where the money is for now. I didn't have the time before. Now I have plenty of time.
Well our friend Charly P. is always hiring.....:D

Just kidding. Couldn't help myself .

No salmon fishing, that must have been real hard on the guys who do it for a living...paying off loans on their boats, etc.

Good morning Mrs. B! How's things in Ft. Bragg? Any hot little scandals in that peaceful town recently?

Hi WWB. The hottest thing in the news today for Fort Bragg is the two 22 year old boys that were wrestling at the edge of the cliff in front of their girlfriends and when one started to fall off the cliff he grabbed hold of the other and they both hit bottom. One died, the other is close to it. Crazy kids.

Back