Moved in and....

Dave Shepard

Square peg, round world.
....the real cleaning begins! I'm now living in my grandparents house which had been vacant for four years. Amazing how much stuff there is packed in there. Finding some neat stuff about my grandfathers company, ForestAll, here and there. A lot of photos and paperwork to be dealt with. Going to start putting the stovepipe in the garage tomorrow for the wood stove, it's going to be my new woodworking shop for my personal projects.

I've got a bunch of pics at home the pc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
About four acres contiguous with the farms 166. It's a three bed room Cape built by my grandfather in'52. It's got a two car garage which is just big enough to get my small Dutch house frame laid out in, which is convenient as I've got someone that's going to be helping a bit on it for some scribing experience.

Good luck with getting things in order. is it a working farm with the land leased out? Plenty of room it would seem. You could start a timber frame school.

The house as it looked when I took over. I've got a lot of work to do to get the yard back in shape.

130_1.jpg

The garage is 24'x28', with a porch on the left that faces out the back. Fortunately the garage is insulated and most of the sheetrock is done. Right after I took this I scraped the grass off the driveway so it doesn't look too bad now.

130_2.jpg

Looking to the North. This is about half of the field. The property line goes into the woods a ways on each side, and there is a nice waterfall in there that would make a nice micro-hydro site.

130_3.jpg

Thanks everyone. It's been a long time coming.

I'm still in the same town just moved to a different part of the family farm.

Back