More truck engine problems

Four wheel drive would be a plus. But that is sure a heavy truck to be running over someone lawn.

The switch on the dash might be for jake brake.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I must sound like a fugging idiot or a complete nutcase on the phone, because I seem to be scaring off every mechanic I talk to. I guess I've exaggerated how many people have actually worked on the truck as well.

Only 2 guys have turned wrenches on it, the first mobile guy had it in his shop and took 2 weeks to change out a few fuel lines. I had it towed to the second shop where they got it running good for a day, then I brought it back in a week later and they changed the fuel injectors. Everybody else I've called either didn't call me back or never showed up.

I called yet another guy on Friday. I'll wait until lunchtime for him to call back or else I'll just take the truck back to the shop that replaced the fuel injectors. At this point I don't care if he does sloppy work and loses half the bolts as long as it gets running well enough for me to sell the truck. I'm fugging over it at this point.

6 weeks without working is enough. I pulled another $2500 from my home equity line this morning to cover bills for another month. I'm ready to have a working truck and get back to work.

6 weeks without work is painful! especially when its not planned or wanted. Hope it irons out for you soon Squirl!

The latest mechanic refused to work on that motor. Yesterday afternoon I took the truck back to the place that put in the injectors. At this point I no longer care if he loses half the bolts holding the truck together, as long as he gets it running well enough to sell.

Good News!!! I just got a phone call from Altec Capital and I'm approved for $60K!! I just need to sign a couple items to close the loan when I go back up to buy the truck. And with the Fed dropping rates by .75% this morning, it looks like my rate will be quite good.
:blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6: :blob6:

It's about time something went your way. Good deal Brian, I'm happy for you.

Regarding your old truck motor, I feel your pain brother. Good luck with your new rig, sounds awesome.

Everything is falling into place. The old truck is fixed and back home, the new truck is getting serviced and prepped for pickup, I've closed 2 decent jobs this week and I'm about halfway through finalizing arrangements for my trip back to Birmingham to pick up the new truck. Looks like it will be ready by Monday or Tuesday. I'll know by Thursday, but I'm guessing I'll drive up Monday and then buy the truck Tuesday morning, then get home Tuesday night. Once I have a firm delivery date I'll make the motel reservations and firm up the appointment with the finance company.

Everything is falling into place. The old truck is fixed and back home, the new truck is getting serviced and prepped for pickup, I've closed 2 decent jobs this week and I'm about halfway through finalizing arrangements for my trip back to Birmingham to pick up the new truck. Looks like it will be ready by Monday or Tuesday. I'll know by Thursday, but I'm guessing I'll drive up Monday and then buy the truck Tuesday morning, then get home Tuesday night. Once I have a firm delivery date I'll make the motel reservations and firm up the appointment with the finance company.

We're 2 hours west of B-ham on I-20 (to T town, then fairly straight shot to our house).

:/:

I'll give you a holler when I get a firm day. Perhaps I might be able to talk you into driving over and joining us for dinner or something. I don't think I have your phone number around here any more though.
:thumbup:

That'll work, Tuesday is Golden, Monday and Wed are school days though.

I'll wait till I read your response that you're typing before I reply with my cell number.

Today's the big day! I'll be leaving in a couple hours and will be back home late tomorrow night. I know some of you guys are sick of hearing me blab about it but this is the second biggest purchase of my life, and only $10K less than I paid for my house 10 years ago! But everything I've learned is telling me that this is the right decision for me. And if I'm wrong, then no big deal. It's only money, right?
:\:

Man, I envy you brother! And blab all you want, I know I would! Be careful on that drive and get that fine piece of equipment home in one piece. Have fun!

Back