Looking to increase A. M. Leonard's Arborist equipment sales

HortGuy

TreeHouser
For 127 years, A. M. Leonard has sold products to landscapers, arborists, growers, groundskeepers, farmers, gardeners, and land owners. We are interested in increasing our Arborist product line.
If you have suggestions about what products we can add to our line that you need, I would appreciate the help.
http://www.amleo.com/arborists-supplies/c/20000000/

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nice to meet you.
Have done about everything in the Green Industry, some treeman work in my younger days, Euc not Oak.
Now a Product Manager (Merchandiser/Buyer), not anywhere near salesman, looking for ideas on different or new products that we can include in our line that would be of interest to Arborists.

Unless I missed it, I could only see one, you might want to carry a better selection of lanyards, including wire core ones. Then there are the mechanical lanyard adjusters. Things pretty basic to people working in trees.

IMO start by looking at what the successful suppliers are selling. I've never really looked but I always thought of AM Leonard as selling nothing more than the very basic, old school gear. Kind of like Karl Kummerling. In the height of my climbing days I was spending $4K per year at Sherrill but these days my biggest online supply expenditure is a dozen pole saw blades once per year.

i always looked at the catalogs, but for arborist supplies i always shop bishop co
the newest and best tools on the block would be good, no cheap climb right products
deals on jameson poles/ marvin pruner kitswith the cool bag that holds your poles together......
good luck sir, and welcome to the house

Looks like you have upped your supplies. I can't imagine things like manila rope and the old red weaver saddles sell much. Also your link leads to confusion. Everything seems mismatched and scattered randomly. Might be good to have a link to your clean up tools section, those orange plastic shovels rock! They say indestructible but my chipper says otherwise:D

It seems like everyone sells Weaver, Buckingham, Petzl, Samson, and New England. I like Treestuff and Wesspur because they offer more items from many different manufacturers. I also really like how they offer some custom made items that they make in house. A user friendly website is key, as are good prices and free shipping.

Its a tall order to compete with Wesspur and Treestuff because they do A LOT of things right..... including a very strong online presence.

I would just take the manilla rope completely off. It has no business being right next to rigging lines. Maybe in a separate section as truck tiedown rope or something...but not near rigging lines.

I only noticed one friction saver and it was 6' long. Get some shorter ones, get different types, and get some of the Dan House Rope Sleeves and have someone make up some leather ones, too. We'll test out the leather ones for ya!

love
nick

I sometimes wonder why catalogs are only available in English? At least Baileys has a person to take enquiries in Espanol.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Do any of you guys actually wear chain saw gloves for protection?

In 30+ years of logging, I've yet to see someone wear those.

Back